Sunday, November 30, 2008

A Day of Thanksgiving


Although it has been a few days after Thanksgiving, I still want to express my gratitude for all the blessings I have in my life. The other day as I was saying my night prayers, it dawned on me of all the small and simple things that I am thankful for. You know how it stinks to not have the use of your hand or foot when you sprain it, when you have a cold and your nose is constantly runny/stuffy, when you have to use your opposite hand to write or brush your teeth because you jammed a finger, or that you can finally use both your feet to play in the championship soccer game . . . ? I am amazed by the human body - it is absolutely perfect in all the ways it functions. Maybe this is why I enjoy learning about anatomy and physiology (even though when I took classes I didn't do my best), but now extending my knowledge in my content area of Health, I have come to appreciate the creation of mankind. I've learned a plethora of new things with the way the human body works. I've seen how the body works to heal simple wounds within the skin/bones, the process of aging, and the technology that's constantly advancing in order to help keep our bodies strong and healthy. I am so grateful for my body and knowing what I can do to help prevent it from diseases and major illnesses. I have come to appreciate the little things that we take for granted every day of our lives this Thanksgiving. Hopefully I will remember those things not just around this season but throughout the year. Clay and I got called to speak in Sacrament at church last Sunday and the funny thing is is that I haven't spoken since High School! Anyway, I am grateful that we were able to do so and we both spoke on Thanksgiving. I focused on having an attitude of gratitude and Clay spoke mainly of giving thanks for what we already have. He gave a story that really had an impact on me. I will post it when I find it because the lecture wasn't listed online (it was given at a Religious lecture at BYU-Idaho this October). It was given by Art Rascon who is a news anchor for ABC news I believe. So hold tight until I find it . . . Anyway, hope everyone's Thanksgiving was great and that you could spend it with family! Clay and I are going to Salt Lake this week to look for housing for the winter semester for my student teaching and his internship. He's going for an interview but hopefully he'll hear back from another company this week that he's wanting to work for. I pray that everything will work out because nothing is right now but I know it will. Until we find out . . . we'll catch you later!

1 comment:

Sterzers said...

Thats great you are coming to Utah for student teaching. Let me know when you find out where you will be teaching. I'll keep my ears open for housing. My family actually has some apartments coming open fairly soon I think so check with me if you are interested! Thanks for your Thanksgiving thoughts! Let me know what you guys find out!