Mother's day was great, Clay got me the perfect card, flowers, and the perfect husband :) ha ha We got to talk to Quinn that's in England and can I just say I LOVE his Englist accent!!! He's past the hump mark so Christmas will be the last time we get to talk to him before we see him in April of 2010!
Now to start the hectic last 3 weeks! My littlest brother, Jared, had his graduation so we took a real quick trip to Burley and cheered for him! I didn't realize what a smarty pants he was! He got to wear a gold cord which I sure never got to. He also sat on the stand because he was the class Secretary. It was great seeing a lot of people from high school even though I didn't talk to many. I think I'm content with just seeing people but I need to get out there and catch up with them, so 'tis a problem for me! ha ha Memorial weekend went like this: I had that Friday off from work but Clay still had school so I cleaned the house and we headed for Burley that evening. We got there just in time to go to dinner and a movie (Night at the Museum 2 which was awesome!) with Janelle and Tom!!! I LOVE spending time with my seester :) I don't get to see them much and I absolutely adore their baby Shay so I played with her as well! Saturday morning, Jake was going to the Temple to get his endowments. BY the WAY, quick update: he got his mission call!!! He's going to the New York, New York South Spanish speaking mission! So they had to all leave early in the morning for him to go through everything else. Anyway, Janelle and Tom were going to be leaving from Twin from there so we had to pack all their stuff. Time was cutting close to making it to the session. Clay and I rushed in only for them to say that everyone just went into the room and we wouldn't be able to make the session. :( BUMMER. So we decided to just do some other ordinance work and meet up with him after the session. Just seeing another brother go through the temple was one of the sweetest things. It was so great to be able to talk about the temple to him while in there! What a perfect setting! Here's pictures of us outside the Twin Falls Temple!
Afterwards, we went to the best pizza place, Gertie's! For those of you who have never heard of it, it's better than Craigo's :) Let's just say I beat everyone in eating the most pizzas! HA (even Clay!!) We went shopping for a little bit and then headed home. Clay and I left for Idaho Falls and met up with Nicole and Nathan and played Frisbee Golf! Much fun!!! Sunday we headed up to the hills where everyone was camping and had dinner with them under the tarp with the pouring rain! Monday morning, we got up early to head off to the Palisades to go fishing with our friends Curtis and Justina and Clay's brother Justin. Let's just say there was too much water in the creeks/rivers and too fast that we didn't catch anything. Curtis usually catches a lot and he's a big fisher hence the reason why we chose that place. So we left and went clear across Rexburg to Burch Creek on the way to Salmon and Nathan and Nicole met us there. We got rained out for a little bit, had hot dogs, and caught a total of 3 fish I believe. Not a successful day. We went back home and had a pizza party and watched the Lakers game. I hate the Lakers. They better lose the Finals. :) Just had to put that in here. SO, that was our Memorial Day weekend! Here's a sweet picture Clay took of the Palisades.
Burch Creek where it was beginning to rain so as you can see I'm in the car :) ha ha
Bug-eyed Clay with Curtis' fishing reel case
The next weekend we went down to Utah for Tyler's birthday (Clay's brother). He got us tickets to the Bees game which was AWESOME!!! Here's some pictures of the stadium and Tyler's friends. They also had a firework show afterwards and I would have to say that their finale was probably better than Idaho Falls. They had these fireworks that went off like little flowers and then bloomed and covered the whole sky! It was definitely spectacular!
The next day we went Clay pigeon shooting. We went clear past Saratoga Springs but had a blast. Clay won the men's division and Mamasita won the women's division. Caeli came in second and me in dead last. :( ha ha But I did pretty good hitting maybe 40% which might be pushing it. HA We went back to Tyler's and had a huge dinner for him with his roommates and friends with dutch oven and everything else!
We left Salt Lake, saw a bad accident, and made it back to Poky where we left our car and then drove back to Burley. Jake's farewell talk was Sunday and boy, was I ever impressed and so proud of him!
Mom and Dad dropped him off this morning at the MTC and because of the stupid swine flu, they literally dropped him off at the curb and said good-bye for 2 years. (There were 3 missionaries who had the flu in the MTC and around 11 were being quarrantined so no one was allowed in). I hope he was fine with that but I already sent him a letter so hopefully that will help him out a bit. Wow, so I think I am all caught up. I will try my best to not fall back on anything. Not much else should be going on this summer until July-ish so stay tuned!

2 comments:
UGH... I heard about that whole mtc thing. That has to be so hard on those missionaries to just get out and say well see ya later! That darn swine flu. I honestly can't believe how old your brothers are now! They were little squirts last time I saw them! You sound like your having so much fun. I am so glad you are finally with Clay!
HOLY MOLY GIRL! You have been a busy bee! It sounds like lots of fun things have been goin on for your familias. Just for the record, I hate the Lakers, too...they had better LOSE!!! :)
Post a Comment