I used to be so good at writing in my journal and then I completely slacked and haven't written in it basically since I got married and I feel like I have forgotten so many memories without really thinking about them and now my blog is acting like my journal-I haven't updated with Holiday memories and I'm starting to forget them! ahhh So here's just kind of a quick overview of what our Christmas holiday memories entailed!
Christmas was unusual for us this year. We didn't have family around to go over to for Christmas Eve and day so it felt like any other day. Sad, I know. Clay even worked Christmas Eve :(. Anyway, we lucked out and had the most beautiful weather that week! Christmas day was gorgeous, clear skies and about 60 degrees so we went for a bike ride on this path that we found online. I got Clay a target to shoot his bow at so he did that in the afternoon while I crocheted. How cheesy is that?! Oh goodness. It was a nice day though but sadly I didn't even get pictures.
Clay's family came up for New Year's so we picked them all up from the airport Tuesday morning. We got Seattle City Passes to show them around. Wednesday we spent all day there checking out the Experience Music Project Museum, Pacific Science Center, went on a Harbor Cruise, the Aquarium, Pikes Place, and of course the Space Needle! It was definitely a busy day and luck was on our side as it was a clear day with no rain!
This was at EMP and we got to do our own Rock Band! We got in trouble for taking this picture but we got it still. ha ha It was absolutely hilarious though! That dork with hands in the air is me, the singer ;)
The awesome centerpiece or whatever you call it at EMP with all sorts of instruments!
On our harbor cruise around Seattle.
Space Needle!!!
The Aquarium with us all!
Atop the Space Needle at night overlooking downtown
Taking a walk at the beach at Point Defiance Park on a typical, rainy day :)
We went on the underground tour of Seattle. I think it's way overrated and not worth your money, but I suppose it was cool to check it out what Seattle used to be like before they started building above everything. It was nasty so afterwards we settled our stomachs by eating at Claim Jumpers :)
Clay took us all to Fort Lewis Thursday and showed us around all the projects and buildings that he's been working on. It's nice to now have a visual of what he's always coming home to and telling me about. ha ha We celebrated New Year's playing card games all night long with a bunch of crap food of course and then fell asleep watching movies. Tyler, Clay's brother, was Harry Potter for the week and wanted to sleep under our stairs-our house was jam packed but it was his decision :) It felt so weird having people in our place so once they all left I felt so lonely because I dropped them all off at the airport and came home to no one since Clay went back to work. Anyway, we were so grateful that family could come and stay with us and celebrate the new year and see what our lives are like up here for a while.


1 comment:
I love Seattle and the area around it. Your picture of Pikes Place brings back a lot of memories.
Post a Comment