Apparently I'm a little slow on posting about Valentine's Day. Oh well. Clay and I never really talked about doing anything, so when Saturday (the 12th) came around, we did our usual grocery shopping. He kept asking what time I was going to put Kort down to sleep that night and said I should have him be asleep by 6 just so we could have some time to relax together. When the time came, he told me that our friends from the ward were coming over to watch Kort so we could go to dinner! What a sweetheart :) I figured I wouldn't be too stressed because they wouldn't have to do much, just make sure he's sleeping, so I went with it. Anyway, it was such a great time to get out together and just relax over dinner at one of our favorite places, BJ's! I love their homemade rootbeer and pizookies!
It was a great surprise!
Also, over the past couple weeks Clay was saying he wanted pictures of me and Kort to put on his desk at work. I tried to get some with Kort, but I never looked decent enough, so I just did my own "session" with him and tweaked it a little. Monday came, and when Clay got home from work, I had set all my stuff out for him on the table and had dinner ready with sparkling cider! I had a flower pot filled with candy and chocolate and little hearts on popsicle sticks written of things I love about him (my "pot of love"), blown up lips, and a framed picture of Kort. He knocked on the back door meaning his hands were full, so I opened the door only to find him with his hands full of a bouquet of flowers and chocolate! I should have taken a picture but no :( We enjoyed the evening with dinner and putting Kort to sleep and then watching a movie. It was a great day.


2 comments:
Oh Jess.... He is seriously one of the cutest little baby boys I've ever seen!!! Someday I may get to find out what my own boys will look like, but for now, I'll hope he would be as cute as yours :) V-day sounded great for you! How fun! Hugs :)
Oh wow. That picture of Kort is precious! He is so adorable.
Post a Comment