I can't believe our baby boy is already half a year old! You think the time is dragging on when you're in the present, but looking back, wow, it really has flown! We just left our wonderful Dr. Kelly, who we went through so much with! She got my thyroid levels under control, which in turn gave us the ability to get pregnant and have this bundle of joy in our lives! With all the ob appointments, listening to Kort's heartbeat, and delivery, we sure will miss her. She was moving to Texas anyway, so I guess it was time to part. We just went to the new doctor here in Austin and I feel pretty good about him. He did things differently, but I liked how he checked Kort's progress and development. Here's his 6 month wellness stats:
Weight: 17 lbs. 10 oz. = 45th percentile
Height: 28 inches = 81st percentile
Head circumference: 44 cm
I was pretty surprised with his weight. I was told to wait until 6 months to start him on solids and it looked like he'd have a hard time swallowing anyway. Well, he only gained about 8 oz. in almost 2 months! Probably should have tried earlier, but we have started him on rice cereal this week and he's eating really well so hopefully he'll start gaining some weight!
We have been so lucky as to already have great friends in the area. The times that we've been over have been wonderful! We were eating dinner the other night and Kort was just on the ground and out of no where he started army crawling! I have never seen him do it and he has only done that that one time! Our friends have an 8 month old and we say Kort just needed the motivation because he also just started sitting up on his own after he saw Nathaniel doing it. So we'll see how soon he really starts crawling!
Here's just a little of what Kort has been up to!
-Spitting with his mouth - he literally gets my face all wet
-Sitting up on his own
-Still up on his hands and knees/toes rocking back and forth just waiting to move his arms forward
-Has been saying "ma ma"!!! :)
-Loves being on his feet, standing up,
and pulling himself up with our help
-Has 2 bottom right teeth (not your standard 2 bottom middle)
-Still takes short half hour naps (or longer if I am holding him)
-Loves being "superman" in the air
-Smiles all.the.time. (unless he's cranky. ha ha)
-Sleeps mostly through the night. Still wakes up around 6:00 am and have to bounce back to sleep
-Still has the bluest eyes :)
Kort is so much fun to have around! Everyone says I'm going to be running around like crazy once he learns to crawl and walk. Actually, they say he's going to go straight to running :) Wish us luck!

No comments:
Post a Comment