Sunday, February 5, 2012

Caught in the moment



This week, I found myself living a little more "in the moment". Most days I just try and get through it, hoping Kort will be happy, take good naps, that I can get dinner cooked, and Clay will get home early enough for us to have time together before going to sleep. I'll admit, I probably waste too much time on the computer throughout the day. Really, that's about all there is to do in this hotel room, other than the tv and maybe, just maybe, a small craft project that can easily be packed when we move next. With that being said, I don't give Kort enough one on one time. He really is growing up too fast. He jabbers constantly, especially when we go places. I don't care if people give weird looks or if they're annoyed. I love hearing him "talk" to me. I love this little guy. These past couple of days, I've dedicated myself to him and just sat on the ground playing with him. We've gone shopping, swimming with a new friend, and played in the hallways where he has forever to walk! 

Clay and I had the opportunity of speaking in church last week. I haven't given a talk for at least three years. I wasn't nervous or anything. I was happy that I got to dive in and really study to prepare. That really got me thinking what I've been neglecting in my life. I've just been going through the motions. With moving so often, this is my time in life that I have the chance to be a better person, to be a good example, and to really find out who I am. I am beginning to really understand how the "newbie" feels, the girl sitting by herself, no friends, yet faithfully still attends church because she knows it's true. I couldn't do this all without the knowledge that I have, the gospel of Jesus Christ in my life. It makes me want to try harder. To do better. So this is me, challenging myself, to do just that. I need to get out of my bubble. I have become much more of a reserved person than I was in High School. Maybe reserved is an understatement. I think Clay and I have switched personalities. He was the quiet guy vs. me the outgoing girl in high school. Now it's just the opposite. I don't know if being a mom will do that to you, but regardless, I guess it's something I need to accept, yet work on to continue staying active and somewhat social. 

This is just me rambling on, once again. I'm hoping to print my blog out sometime this year, so I guess I'm glad that I write all my feelings since I haven't kept up on my journal since I got married. I'm just so grateful for the men in my life. I couldn't do { life } without them. 

1 comment:

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Jess, you are wonderful! Seriously. I can't imagine moving as much as you have, but I totally understand "the newbie" phase. Plus, it's hard to branch out when you're always focused on your babe. Good luck, I know once people meet you they will love you!