For around two months this summer I wore these puppies day and night.
They look just like sweatbands.
But they helped my sanity.
My MIL asked me one morning via skype if I had just gotten done working out because I was wearing these "sweatbands". I told her no. Then I quickly made something up as to why I was wearing them. That's when I knew I had to be tricky on what to tell people if they asked me what they were.
Then one afternoon I was at a playgroup at the splash pad with Kort. My friend asked me out of the blue if I was pregnant. Dead end. I quietly told her "yes" and she went on to explain that she thought I had been because of these seabands. She'd wear them for traveling due to motion sickness and she knew of people wearing them during the first trimester of pregnancy to help with the morning sickness and nausea.
Well, my friends, yes, I am pregnant with baby #2!
I have already announced it on facebook. But, I want to document it on here so I don't forget because obviously (to me) I don't write in a journal so this is what I have for remembrance. So to start from the beginning . . .
Clay and I felt it was the right time to continue on with growing our family. With Kort, once I got on my thyroid medication, it took two months to get pregnant. I didn't know how it would go the second time around because my period was still kind of messed up, but nothing like it was before the medication. I heard also that it was harder the second time around.
Well, our trip to Catalina Island had come. I was prepared to be miserable right in the middle of the trip - if you catch my drift. So I thought it would be fun just to be stupid and draw this in the sand:
C+J = #2.
Never did I think it would ring true.
I never did become miserable that week.
And about two weeks later . . .
(sorry if this grosses you out)
I put a puzzle together for Clay to find around the house to find out the surprise!!!
I still couldn't believe my eyes when I saw the double line. I was in shock. There's no way this could happen again. I thought being pregnant was a one time deal. It was done and over with. Even though we wanted more kids, it still didn't seem like reality. I started tearing up and said a quick prayer to my Heavenly Father and thanked Him for this miracle happening.
The rest is history.
So, after about two + months of suffering through major fatigue and 24/7 nausea, I finally started to feel better about the 15 week mark. Kort was still taking 2 naps throughout that time which was a tremendous help so I could get in that much needed rest.
At that 15/16 week checkup - I had to go by myself - the doppler wasn't working so the doctor just did a quick ultrasound to check the heartbeat. We got a pretty good look at what our little babe would be - and how could you miss such a thing!?! I felt bad because I knew before Clay and he wasn't even there. He was for the 19/20 week u/s however and we both saw!
PURE BOY!!!
(I won't already embarrass him so no gender shot, but trust me)
We headed to Idaho a couple weeks later. I was going to have a "gender reveal" party with blue food, etc. but time just ran out. So no creative way to announce. I wanted to do something for Halloween though and incorporate my belly since it's getting "out there". I don't even know how I came across the idea, but I decided to do Dr. Seuss' Thing 1 and Thing 2. Kort was obviously Thing 1, and my belly was the Thing 2. I was going to get Clay that red and white tall hat but procrastinated so we didn't quite have a full family costume.
(There was supposed to be a white background of the circles so it's hard to see)
And since the Things have blue hair (other than for me - ha ha), I found this darling crochet tutorial and made Kort's hat!
Now, to finish off this super long story to bring it up to date, sadly, I have only taken one belly picture, and it wasn't even for my belly - my awesome sis in law and I were making maxi skirts so I took a picture of how mine ended up, which just so happens to partly show my belly at 21 WEEKS!
I'm huge! AHH! Yes, it's true you are much bigger quicker after your first one ;)




4 comments:
Great post! You are so funny. You will love having two. Never a dull moment.
You still look great! Wish we could have made it for Quinns wedding to see you guys. Congrats on the coming of a new baby! Two boys are fun!
Aw you look so cute pregnant again!! So happy for you guys!! You are right though that it can be harder to get pregnant second time around, like us, so I am glad you guys had success again!
Yay!!! Congratulations Jessica! I'm so happy for you guys. Round #2!
And I loved your cute Halloween costumes!
Post a Comment