Wednesday, June 12, 2013

Memorial Day

I figure I am way behind on blogging. I usually do it all on the computer, but since it's in the everything room where Kort can't keep his hands off of anything and I take nap time for myself whenever I can get it, I am now resorting to the blogger app and trying to post from my phone. Anyway, moving on.

We had basically agreed that we wanted to go camping for Memorial Day weekend. The weather forecast didn't look too great, but we've camped in the rain before (nothing new to Washington), and just put up tarps over the chair area, etc. We were trying to talk our friends into coming so it'd be more fun. They bailed out the day before but I don't blame them. They didn't have the gear yet anyway. So off we went just our family. 

Eastern Oklahoma has more rolling hills and greenery so we found a state park about 2 hours away. We got there around 7, which was close to Kort's bedtime. Good thing Griffin napped the whole drive. Clay worked on getting the fire started, I was putting up the tent, Griffin was enjoying the bouncer, and Kort was running around trying to get in the car. Amid the chaos, Kort ended up in the car. I came to find he had dumped a 5 hour energy drink on the drivers seat. (This is important to know). Finally Clay got the fire going. He got Kort a hot dog while I was getting Griffin ready for bed. Later Clay was roasting marshmallows and after he took it out of the fire, Kort grabbed the other empty side of the roaster. Cue nonstop screaming. Good thing we had our first aid kit we just put together with all that stuff to help with burns. Finally I got Griffin to sleep and ate while Clay got Kort ready for bed. Maybe around 45 minutes later we were falling asleep around 11. Probably an hour later Kort was awake kicking all over and whining. This went on for an hour or so. Then he finally konked out again. About another hour later he woke up again doing the same things. More time goes by trying to comfort him and put him back to sleep. In the meantime, Griffin wakes up to eat. Oh, and about 3 campsites down the people were playing their loud country music radio (until about 3:00). Clay just took Kort into the car to fall asleep. I got Griffin back asleep and then they came back in to the tent. Finally some sleep. Kort was then up at the butt crack of dawn around 7. Clay took him to go play outside, and I couldn't fall back asleep. So we got about 3 hours of sleep. 

Ok, so our thoughts on why Kort slept (or didn't sleep) the way he did.
1. We have outgrown our tent. He needed his room just like we did.
2. Naturally if you opened a bottle of liquid, say a 5 hour energy drink that smelled good, you'd take a sip at least. Then dump the rest for fun on the carseat.

So he was probably wired on that energy sip he may have gotten and had a hard time sleeping. Boy, was that ever a fun night. The baby even slept better.

We had baked oatmeal for breakfast. Then we decided we were already bored. There was basically only boating and water stuff to do where we were at. We finally decided we didn't want to go through another night like that again and were packed up by 11. We hadn't even left the campground when Kort had already fallen asleep. Go figure. 

Griffin once again slept the whole way home. Thank goodness. 

We got back into town and went shopping to make our own slip n slide! That will be another post coming hopefully. We just relaxed and caught up on sleep the rest of the weekend. We also had some friends over for kabobs Monday night. It was nice to have Clay an extra day!

No comments: