Monday, September 23, 2013

Potty trained!

Another amazing thing that has happened this summer is that Kort is potty trained!! The first few days he was only in undies and had quite a few accidents. He started getting it down and knew when he had to go so he'd run to the bathroom on his own. A while ago he was taking his diaper off grout hour the day and had to go pee so I took that as a sign that he was ready. I would just remind him throughout the day that if he had to go potty to just let me know, instead of constantly taking him every hour, etc. I made a sticker chart to let him put one on each time he went potty on his own. Once he got to the end then he could pick a toy out at the store. He also would get potty prizes each time he'd go poo in the potty as well as a potty snack (skittle, gummy bear) each time he went pee. The whole #2 thing took a while. Luckily he never went on the floor, just in his undies. A few times I could tell by his actions, or lack of, that he was getting ready to go, so I grabbed him and put him on the potty and he'd go. One time Clay and I thought it had been too quiet. Come to find out Kort was on the potty going #2 all by himself!!! It was all uphill from there :) To this date, he's only had one accident and he's doing great through nursery and letting his teachers know he's got to go! He still wears a diaper at night though but is usually dry half the time but I don't want to mess with wet sheets quite yet. 
His Lightning McQueen tent

Mickey Mouse chair

Potty chart completed


No comments: