I cannot believe Griffin is already half a year old. It's been fun to compare him and Kort. At this age with Kort, we were just moving half way across the country from Washington to Minnesota. Four long days in a cramped moving truck. I remember Kort rolling off the bed at one of our hotels, and that wasn't even the first time it happened. Good thing I learned from that and haven't had that mistake with Griffin yet - and hopefully never! Kort started sitting up right after seven months. Griffin's already doing that. Kort started crawling after eight months - I think Griffin is going to beat that. Clay and I decided that having an older sibling really does help speed up their progression.
Here's Griffin's six month stats:
Height: 27 inches = 69%
Weight: 16.4 pounds = 26%
Head Circumference: 43.2 cm = 33%
I couldn't believe he was that low in his weight. I just read what I had posted about Kort's and his was 45% and I was saying how low I thought that was! Oh well, he's doing great, eating well and continuing with solids, which I have now introduced bananas to him for dinner time and rice cereal in the morning. He is still my chubby baby to me.
He is army crawling everywhere! If he sees a toy not in reach, he'll go across the floor to get it - sometimes only to see Kort grab it away at the last second.
Jabbers da-da lots of times during the day.
Oh and how can I forget that he already has his two bottom teeth!! I already posted about how that went. He's much happier now :)
(He had just woken up, hence the red mark on his face, and why he's not smiling :))
Will stay sitting up by himself if I put him down like that. Once in a while he might fall back or to the side, but he's beginning to catch himself forward or to the side. Sometimes when he's in the crawling position, he fall to the side like he is trying to sit down, which he can do, but his arm is clear away from his side so he's not sitting fully straight up.
He's not quite ready to sit in the shopping cart by himself yet, but he does pretty good with big brother!
I want to document his daily schedule so I remember so here goes:
7:00-7:30 a.m. Wake up. Nurse. Feed Kort. Give Griffin rice cereal.
9:00ish Morning nap.
10:00ish Wake up. Play.
11:00 Nurse.
12:00 Eat lunch with Kort.
12:15ish Griffin down for nap.
12:30 Kort down for nap = some quiet time for me!!!
2:00ish Wake up for Griffin (and usually Kort). Nurse. Play.
4:00ish Short afternoon nap.
5:00 Nurse. Make dinner. Feed Griffin solids (bananas right now).
7:00-7:15 Change into pj's. Nurse. Put to bed.
8:00 Kort to bed.
That's about as basic as it gets. We lead a boring life anyway. I've definitely become a homebody and don't really get out much. If I do, it's usually to go grocery shopping or just to whatever store to get out of the house. We did play in the water a little throughout the summer and a couple of parks. I need to do that more now that the temperature has cooled down.
Anyway, just crazy that Griffin is growing so quickly! He'll be crawling everywhere when we go to Idaho for Christmas. Then we'll be celebrating Kort's birthday, then daddy's birthday. And before you know it, it'll be mine and then Griffin's birthday!!



1 comment:
It's so fun to see how different the kids are! He seems like such a happy guy! I definitely understand being a homebody. I've started to become one too.
Post a Comment