Saturday, October 18, 2014

Summer Recap of 2014

Wow! It has been months since I last blogged, but I have a good excuse for at least some of those months. Not to get into too much detail, here's a quick overview of what we've all been up to since Springtime.

* From the middle of April to the middle of July, I was taking 6 online credits from BYU-Idaho to renew my teaching certificate. I realized that since they are good for 5 years, it had indeed been 5 years and was expiring this September. I kicked things into gear so fast, got interviews done in the nick of time, and got registered. I would have my classes done before it expired and would be good. Flash forward to the end of August/beginning of September . . . I completely forgot to send in my renewal papers!!! I was beyond freaking out. After a couple phone calls made, LUCKILY, they have a month grace period, but leave it to me to procrastinate, again. I did get it sent off though before the end of the grace period, so now I'm just waiting for my certificate. Let's just say it's been a stressful 6 months. During classes, I was trying to fit in studying and papers to write during naps and bedtimes. Clay never saw much of me :( He's wanting to get his MBA here soon so he just says that's what's to come for him in the near future. Just glad it's done and over with. At least for the next 5 years.

*I surprised Clay for Father's Day with an introductory flight at the airport in Enid. He got instructed on the basics and was in the pilot's seat before you knew it. He was able to take off by himself, fly, and get some help with landing with the instructor next to him. I was in the back seat feeling sick the whole time. Clay's always thought it would be awesome to get his pilot's license, but after doing this and knowing how much time and effort (and $$$) into it, that was just enough for him :)

*It was actually right before the flight that we went to this indoor shooting range, owned by a guy in our ward. It was very helpful as it was live ammo and real life scenarios that would be projected onto the wall. You would literally be yelling at the robbers, etc. and the person in charge running the system could trigger what would happen based on my reactions. It really put things into perspective. 


*Kort has been doing so good and memorizing the Articles of Faith. He had passed off the first four here and got candy for each one. He has since gotten up to the 9th, which I have been lazy on helping him, otherwise he might have passed them all off by now! He's such a smart little guy and loves singing  along with them in the car. 


*We have moved once again! Hopefully this will be final. We are now in southern Oklahoma (Ardmore) where Clay is the Operations Supervisor for the wind farm here. We had movers come and pack everything and had hired cleaners, but after all was said and done, I would have just cleaned the house myself than have them come back because they didn't do the job right the first time. 


*Clay drove down with the movers while I stayed behind with the cleaners. Clay got the truck unpacked in one day and headed back to Enid. We were going to Idaho for a couple weeks between jobs and decided to drive, so once Clay got back, we just left and chose to drive through the night hoping it would be better with the boys sleeping. 


*AND never do I want to do that again (although we obviously had to drive BACK to Oklahoma). I realized I'm horrible at driving long distances at night, the boys didn't sleep well at all, woke up as soon as the sun peaked and well, the rest is history. 


*We came to Idaho for Bailey's blessing (Quinn and Kaitlyn's) and met up for dinner by the Falls with Justin and Sara. We drove the bike down which was awesome, but by the time we headed back home, it was pretty chilly.



*We met up with Mom, Dad, Brittney and Louis, and Gillian at the Idaho Falls Zoo. It was a fun time just being together since I hadn't seen Louis yet, it was the 2nd time ever seeing Brittney, and been forever since seeing Gillian! The boys had so much fun!


*We headed north to camp in Island Park and what's a trip there if we don't just keep going to West Yellowstone! It was literally a drive there, go to the candy store, walk around for a couple of minutes, and headed back to the campground (like a 30 minute drive). It was worth it though :)


*We finally made it back to Oklahoma to our new place. We had gone to church once and the next day we had visitors (the Nuzman's) who came and brought these yummy cookies! It was much needed! We've been doing pretty well at getting adjusted to the place. Our ward is super friendly and have been so kind to invite us (ok, me and the boys since Clay's at work) to pool parties and what not!


*Our good friends from Enid, the Leach's, stopped by on their way home from Texas, while we also got to make some new friends. 


*It was my 10 year High School Reunion which I didn't go to, but this is one of my favorite pictures of some of my closest friends. Miss you all!

No comments: