Friday, July 25, 2008

715 MILES

Janelle and I had decided to have her baby shower on the 19th in Burley right after school got out. Clay found out that he was going to have to take his friends' family out to the dunes to go 4-wheeling when they were in town that weekend so it was looking like Clay wasn't coming to Burley with me. During that week he found out he didn't have to go to the dunes, but he had finals on Friday when I was leaving. Anyway, Janelle, Tom, and Justin were meeting me, Jake, Jared, Mom and Dad and the girls (Justin's) in Twin Falls for the Temple Open House by noon so it was for sure that Clay wouldn't be able to make it. It would be my first nights without him :( Well the Temple was absolutely gorgeous!!! It is much smaller than the Rexburg but the detailing was amazing with the state flower, Syringa, imprinted into the carpet, and basically all over the Temple! I can't wait to go back there to do a session or something! We all went to the wonderful Gertie's for all-you-can-eat dessert pizza which I did pretty well compared to all the guys for eating 8 pieces! haha I left by myself before everyone was done to go visit my great old roommate Kandra Plott and see her beautiful baby Sydney too! And how could you go to Twin without stopping at Costco and the mall! haha Janelle, Tom and I went shopping which was actually fun! (I've kind of not really liked shopping lately so it was good to be in that mood). That night, Janelle started having contractions so she had me time them and they were um, pretty close together. We kind of freaked but thought it would be ok. Anyway, so this is dragging on . . . Saturday morning we got all the food ready for the baby shower which was super good - we had chicken salad croissants, fruit and cream puffs. There were a lot of ladies that came fromt the ward and her old friends from High School with their girls! Janelle and Tom had to leave right after so we took pictures and I told baby Shay that she had to come out this weekend so that I wouldn't have to go back home and then come back to Boise. Well, I just played the rest of the afternoon with the girls and visiting friends and that night Tom sent me a text that said "water broke. we'll keep you posted."! BAH!!! I was so excited! Anyway, so I decided to not go back to Rexburg Sunday morning (another lonely night without Clay) and Tom soon sent another text at around 8:30 a.m. that said "pushing". So we decided to just go to Sacrament and head to Boise for the afternoon. Shay was born at 9:56 a.m. at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and 20 in. long! She was absolutely so adorable! I'm so happy for Janelle and Tom! Anyway, so yes, this was my long, oh so long weekend full of adventure. Too bad Clay couldn't be here but he was off having fun too though going 4-wheeling still with Mamasita and Dad so they had a hoot of a time!



I was rubbin her tummy to tell Shay to come out that weekend so I wouldn't have to make another trip . . . Shay sure did listen to me :)

Her favorite aunt in the whole wide world!

Their first family picture!

My favorite sister ever!

They think that Shay will be their child prodigy if Del works with her ;)

Shay Lorraine Lungren


1 comment:

Jaimee said...

Hey! You said you'd call when you came to Boise! You are in so much trouble girl... That's awesome that Janelle had her baby! Great timing too :o)