Sunday, August 24, 2008

Gone Campin' and Fishin'

We finally got to go camping this summer for Clay's mom's birthday - we call her Mamasita :) We weren't able to get our regular spot out on the dry farms, but we made a big ring like the Pioneers with all our campers and tents. It was quite the long week but we took Friday day to go 4-wheeling wherever it was that we went and then Clay and I tried to go fishing that night at this new spot but it didn't work out anyway because it was getting dark. It was Mamasita's birthday that day, so we had brought up a couple of ice cream cakes and our silly string and sang happy birthday! Tyler came up late that night so we all went fishing down at Webster's Dam that morning. There was this Eastern Idaho Hound Association sign-up thing going on right by our campsite that they brought all these dogs for the whole day so it was loud and annoying so we got out of there quick.


This was us after the ride down to Webster's Dam where it was completely dirt all the way there (I guess that's why they're called the dry farms). My face looks pretty disgusting. I'm holding Clay's homemade fishing pole after he broke his a couple years ago. Needless to say, he's caught more fish with that one than any other one :) haha


It seemed like we were hiking forever! We were stupid too and forgot to bring water so we were pretty tired after we got there.


After *patiently* waiting forever to try and catch a fish that kept biting, I was giving up when finally the fish bit and I caught my first fish! I was only like a 6 inch one but I was pretty excited! Here I am gutting it and saw all the crapload of eggs that were in it - gross. Clay, Tyler and I all caught one so it wasn't a worthless trip.


Clay was so kind to make our own little dam for us to walk over so we didn't have to hike back in soggy shoes :)

So this was freakin' funny! Brody (our cousin) had bought this "outfit" from Cabella's or something which is supposed to be for hunting and that sort of stuff. Well, he was pretending to be Sasquatch and while the parents were out on their ride and the all the girls were around the campfire, Clay and the guys were out in the trees because Alecia said she heard something out there (we had seen 4 moose that day so maybe it was more). So the guys went out looking for it and Clay was the only one who knew what was going on. Tyler saw Brody and freaked and they all came running out. Well they went back in and during that time, Brody came walking along the treeline away from the campfire and by now all us girls, along with Brody's wife, knew what was going on so we all screamed! Well now everyone was back at the campfire and Mamasita was sitting next to me. After a while, I looked behind me and Brody was hiding by the camper. One of the dogs went back there and started growling which everyone soon looked back and I faked a violent scream and ran across the campsite! Some of the adults freaked but it was pretty hilarious seeing their faces! Mamasita thought I was really scared but I knew what was going on so hopefully my scream helped :) haha Overall, it was pretty funny! He really looked like Sasquatch too! He had a wig or whatever too going over his head so he really did look like it! It was a fun weekend just relaxing and having a crapload of junk food too! They sure know how to go camping. Clay and I finally got to use all our new camping gear that we got from our wedding which was nice. We got these mummy sleeping bags too that kept me so warm during the night - hot to the point that I was opening it half way through the night because I was sweating! It was absolutely nice! I will say though for all you that know Quinn, that it quite wasn't the same without him there camping with us all - he's quite the party maker but he's doing great on his mission! Welp, see ya'll later!

No comments: