
So here's the scoop . . . Clay's dad got a boat from his dad a long time ago. Clay used to go kneeboarding with this boat all the time before his mission. So we decided to try and take it out during Memorial Day fishing so we got it fixed up then but we got rained out. SO, we decided to take it out for a spin and see if it still had the same juice as when Clay rode behind it. Our friends Nicole and Nathan took the challenge to come with us and well, let's just say we all somehow survived!
Don't you just see those lovely horns on the front? They work :) We got this boat to top off at probably 15 mph or so and we took that tube in the background for a ride. Obviously we weren't going fast enough for a scare so we stood up on it and played monkey basically while we rode! It was quite entertaining riding it I'd have to say! One thing I do have to mention is that Nathan lost the tube while we were trying to find a dock so he jumped out on it and we left him all by his lonesome self. Well we found a dock and Clay dropped Nicole and I off and we just lolly gagged around waiting for Clay to rescue Nathan. Well, hours later (ok not that long) Clay was pulling Nathan on the kneeboard. All you could see was the front of the board and part of Nathan's head. The boat obviously wasn't pulling fast enough and Nathan was riding with all his life! Oh man if you could have seen his face and this whole scene you would have busted out laughing like Nicole and I did when they came around the corner!

The guys passed some time by trying to fish while us ladies laid out in the sun.
This is me being retarded by laying out in the sun with no sunscreen on my legs. I really don't burn or tan on my legs so I figured I wouldn't get anything. Well I was stupid for even thinking that. My legs got fried! I feel kind of stupid too for not doing that because I know better. After taking some of my health classes and learning so much more of diseases and cancers, it scares me to go tanning anymore because you're so much more at risk for skin cancer. My grandma got skin cancer on her face. She simply would walk around a lake every morning with a hat on and would even wear sunscreen so it can happen to anyone even when you're being safe.
(Pictures courtesy of Nicole!)



1 comment:
HAHA, I am still laughing about the kneeboarding experience! Hope your legs are feeling better! Hey PS: I finally got Nathan to run with me last night! But I'm pretty sure that was his last though... gosh dangit. haha
Post a Comment