Sunday, March 15, 2009

Gotta Love 'Em

This week was quite busy for me with family coming to visit and all. My brother came Tuesday night and we went out for an early birthday dinner. He came down because his little girl had to go to the hospital to get checked to see if she had to have surgery because of kidney problems. Wednesday, my birthday, Clay sent a huge bouquet of flowers to school! My cooperating teacher brought it in to class before class and so all my student sang happy birthday to me! The flowers were absolutely gorgeous!!! There was an assortment of pink and purple roses, carnations, tulips, and orchids! I think my favorite flower is now an orchid! :) So I went to the hospital to meet up with my niece and brother for a minute. Turns out she was fine and didn't have to have surgery! Good! So my brother and I just walked around the Gateway for a while then I headed home. I had a couple of visitors who came and brought me presents :) This lady in the Relief Society presidency came and brought me something out of no where. I was completely surprised and feel so grateful for people like that that I hardly know, but yet we have the bond of sisterhood! Another friend of mine, Kelsie, was so great to cook a cake for me and some other fun stuff! I wasn't feeling well later on in the night so I stayed home and watched the Jazz game and unfortunately they lost and ended their winning streak. Anyway, good birthday! Thursday, my brother Jared and Dad came and stayed with me. We went out to the Mayan for dinner. They left for Provo Friday and went to the Draper Temple Open House and then went on the BYU campus because Jared is going there this summer semester. I hitched a ride with my friend Jacobie and met up with them. We shopped the rest of the afternoon and headed to the Hotel. Saturday we looked for housing for Jared and did some more shopping! It was so great to just be able to hang with them! Too bad the Jazz lost again to the Heat in 3 OT's :( Boo. Anyway, I had a great week though! I feel bad because Clay doesn't have family or anyone in Tacoma to really go see but I get to fly back up there in less than a month! I can't wait to finish student teaching, although it's been a positive experience, I'm ready for it to be done. Those of you in Rexburg . . . see you in a month!

3 comments:

Samantha said...

YEAH! I can't wait to see you when you get back! I'll definitely have to take you up on the babysitting offer. Now that Sky's almost one, she's much happier than when you babysat her last! See you soon!

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Happy belated b-day girly! How's Utah treatin' ya? You are one tough cookie to be there doin that while your hubby's away. I hope the rest of the time goes super fast for ya so you can be w/ him again. BTW, your blog is stinkin' cute!

Lindsay Marx said...

Actually, it's just a work sample. I wont be doing my student teaching until winter (I know I wish I was done right now). Basically the assignment is a two lesson unit that we teach to a real class and then type a huge analysis on it with pre-test and post-test evaluations. It's waay over kill and very stressful.
That's awesome that you are almost done, I totally wish I was in your shoes right now! Good Luck with everything!