I'm definitely late on some of these posts due to the process of packing, moving, and having no internet until now. Our last week/end in Idaho was quite an adventure and full of fun! Clay and I got to walk together at Graduation in which we were 1 of 40 married couples graduating together! Commencement was so blasted hot that I didn't even pay attention to the speaker who was Bishop Richard C. Edgley of the presiding Bishopric. I feel bad, but Clay took some notes. Convocation was pretty cool, didn't pay much attention either though but I was 3rd to last in walking and when I stood up I turned around and saw Janelle and Shay! I didn't think they'd make it in time but they just made me happy because Clay was in another building with his family and so I just had my parents and then they came, along with Tom and Jordan (my brother).
The next day we were going camping in Island Park...it rained all morning long while we were trying to get outta town but surprisingly the sun came out later and got hot. There were a total of 23 that were camping that weekend and so it made for great fun. We all got innertubes and floated down the river and just relaxed. Saturday morning/afternoon was spent in Yellowstone! I haven't been there since I worked in West Yellowstone 5 summers ago so it was great being able to see everything again. Here's some pics of the hot pots and geysers we got.
This was the only Buffalo we saw. We were on the wrong side of the park because my parents went all the way through out to Jackson and they saw a herd crossing the road and saw many Elk and a Grizzly Bear. Oh well. Scenery was still lovely :)
And of course, Old Faithful.
That evening when we got back into West we ate dinner at Buckaroo Bill's...such a GREAT place! I had 2 of my roommates work there during the summer I was there and then we HAD to stop at the Candy store (Rustic Candy Shop) where I used to work making taffy, etc. :) We got some great fudge and of course, Taffy. Next was Playmill. We saw Guys and Dolls which was pretty good. They didn't really have a comedy show this year which was a bummer, but I think we saw the best of the 3. President Clark (of BYU-Idaho) was there so it was interesting to see how he interacted with the performers. ha ha Sunday we packed up and stopped at Big Springs to see the big fish and feed them. Shay was so cute about it all. She ate the bread herself.

1 comment:
I am sooooo jealous!!! I have been saying and wanting to go back to West since I left and yet another year is going by. Oh to not have such money and children worries and be able to do whatever I want again! Next year we are planning a trip to the Oregon Coast so maybe the year after that... but I want to see playmill and with little kids it is difficult... ahhhh, the memories. I LOVED that summer. Completely the best. I need to add you blog to my list now... I love it!
Post a Comment