I am such a slacker...I am supposed to be packing right now, even though I've been packing all morning, but I need to take a break. Clay and I left for Utah Friday night and made a stop in Poky for a Twin Falls Roommate Reunion :) I can't believe that we made it work because we had been trying for months to get something together to all meet up. Even though it was just for a couple hours and eating at Texas Roadhouse, it was well worth it. Thanks to you all who sacrificed your time to come!!!
L-R: Heather, Brittnee, Kandra, Me
Bottom: Daisy, Niki, Nicole
Thanks Girls!!!
That night after getting into Utah, Clay and I decided to stay in a Hotel by the airport so we stayed in at the Holiday Inn and it was awesome! It wasn't like your average hotel room with the flower bed spreads, little mirrors, etc. We had a King size bed, flat screen tv, HUGE vanity mirrors :), white bedding against a dark red wall. I loved it. We ended up with the place from Priceline and so we got it dirt cheap too for what the average rates were! Saving-check.
We took the shuttle to the airport in the morning, got to security quickly, only for them to stop Clay.
Security dude: "Who's laptop is this? It's not supposed to be in your bag."
Security dude: "Who's laptop is this? It's not supposed to be in your bag."
Shoot, well we'd never taken a laptop flying so we had no clue what to do with it and I didn't realize it was in his bag. So this guy has Clay follow him behind the x-ray machines or whatever and this lady freaks out and yells at him telling him he can't go that way so then this other guy looks for Clay while he's going the other way. He has him pull all his stuff out and put it in its own bin and go through again. LAME. Then while we're waiting for our plane, Clay gets a drink of water and gets splashed all over his face. Can this trip get any worse? ha ha Well we finally arrive in Seattle/Tacoma and get to choose our rental car (economy size) and are left with a Toyota Yaris (?) so Clay looks like a giant and hits his head every time he gets in/out. We get to our first place for housing. Here's the background real quick. 2 months ago we looked for fun on craigslist, knowing we weren't going to rent yet, but we found an awesome duplex. Clay decided to call on it weeks later and the lady said the other side would be available the end of July! Perfect, just when we'd be there. In the meantime, we found another place of hers that was ok, but nothing like that first place. Ok, back to story. So this first place was that ok place I just mentioned. Not too bad, small bedrooms, kinda scary neighborhood. Please take us to the next place. Instant Love!! Someone was still living in it otherwise I'd have pictures, but he showed us around. 2 story duplex, wood floors for the living room which is huge and wood stairs. Storage under stairs, pantry, nice cabinets, stainless steel appliances, washer/dryer closet with storage, 1/2 bath, full bath, 1 nice sized bedroom, bigger master than ours right now with a better closet :) Not to mention that we have a small backyard, new 2 car garage and an alarm system! We had one more place to look but we took the applications and after that other place, went back and took it. YAY! I'm super excited! So here's what it looks like on the outside. Ours is on the right where the lady is.
We went to lunch after that at this place called Anthony's at Point Defiance off the bay. We ate outside which it was only "80 degrees and it doesn't ever get this hot" but seemed fine to us. Well the sun was blasting down on us and I got a sunburn! ha Kinda funny. But here's our view from the dock where we ate.
Mt. Rainier looks gi-normous! It was a great quick trip as we took a quick nap in the park and headed back to the airport. Next time we'll be pulling a big moving truck and ready to make Tacoma our home for a little while!


2 comments:
That is a GREAT duplex!! That will be fun to live there. When do you move?
Oh Jess your house is beautiful and sounds perfect!!! Ahhh I am so happy for you guys. You guys leave so soon. Again let me know if I can help you move in any way. And....I'm going to miss you. Actually I already miss you cuz I don't see you at work anymore. Good for you....bad for me haha
Post a Comment