Alright, here are some more projects I've been doing for super cheap. The "Joy" blocks were created, well, for me, and for a Relief Society craft night! The other day my friend and I went to a traveling chic boutique home show which features awesome vendors and you can check it out here. One vendor had a bunch of these blocks selling for around $15 or so and I kind of chuckled inside because I can make them for super cheap BUT I understand the price because hey, well that's just business and it does take your time and labor :)
Anyway, so just a quick tutorial...
All you need is an 8x2x4 that you can get for like $1 at Home Depot, cut that into the size of blocks you want (I usually do no taller than 7" and then just alternate the sizes), paint or spray paint for the block, scrapbook paper or material, mod podge, and di-cut letters! That's basically what you need to decorate it, but I cut, then sand all sides/edges, then paint and let dry, apply mod podge on front, place scrapbook paper down, then mod podge again ontop, put letter on, then mod podge the letter. I like to set it in front of a heater to dry quicker. Now you're basically done, other than the little decorations! I like to put ribbon around the blocks, add a flower or whatever here or there. For this Joy one, I got the snowflake at Michaels and just painted it and added glitter to it. That's it for that! These sometimes take a long time for me though because unfortunately I don't have a cricut (hopefully for Christmas :) so I just print out the letters on whatever paper I want and cut them out with scissors. SO, this next one took a lot of time cutting out all the numbers.
I did the same steps with the scrapbook paper and mod podge. I had to figure out how many numbers I needed to get all the countdown for 25 'til Christmas, so I had to use 3 blocks, so I just added that bulb cutout to show what it was. Clay put that little "stand" together real quick just so I could put the blocks in something. I added the ribbon around it (mod podge it) and then put more glitter. The ribbon on top is just for decoration purpose. Anyway, use your own creative mind to come up with your type of countdown blocks! There's plenty more projects coming ahead so stop by again!

1 comment:
SO CUTE!!! I love them! You went on and did the number blocks too!! Love it!
Post a Comment