Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Escape from WA

Thanksgiving vacation was so wonderful and much needed! We traveled a lot but with good purpose getting to do lots of fun things! We left on Wednesday and were in airports/in the air for a total of 8 hours...enough to have just driven to Boise ourselves :S So apparently this is what Clay felt like having to wait forever!

Our flight to Portland was delayed for maintenance so somehow we hopped on another flight and saw that once we arrived, our original flight was canceled so luckily we made it! We arrived in Boise with our fan club greeting us as it was great seeing lots of my family already! Thanksgiving day wasn't too hectic actually. We had lunch at the church and us ladies did most of the cooking! It was my first time like really helping out with Thanksgiving dinner so I felt good for myself :) ha ha It turned out really well though and we had most of my family there.

I've missed this little girl! When I last saw her we were celebrating her 1st birthday and she hadn't started walking yet, but now she's running everywhere! Ah, I love her!!!

And what's Thanksgiving without a movie that night? OF course we had to go see NEW MOON!!! My brothers and dad even came to see it with us! I loved it and I'm thinking I'm team Jacob now. I decided that they need to do an alternate ending and change things with Bella choosing Jacob instead of Edward. I haven't read the 4th book yet, but that's what I want to happen.

Janelle and I hit up some stores Black Friday but not until 8:00. Target was insane! Lines were through every isle practically and same with Old Navy. We went to Wal-Mart instead and uh, there were NO lines! We didn't have much to get and everything we wanted was still there! So it was quite the successful shopping trip! Afterward we hurried home and got ready to do a session at the Temple! It was a beautiful experience! Later that afternoon we headed to Burley, and I ran over to see my friend who was getting married the next day! I miss my Harper sisters ;) So great to see them! Wish I had more time to see everyone else though.

Saturday morning we headed for Utah, saw the Joseph Smith video on Temple Square, met up with Clay's brothers for lunch at Buca di Beppo (awesome place!) and then headed back to T.S. to see Janelle and Tom perform with their Institute Choir in the Assembly Hall. We then went to the JAZZ game! We were literally like 5 rows down from the top but it was just fantastic nonetheless. I was super excited to finally wear my D Will jersey #8 baby, and see them win! Oh, it was just too cool.

One day if we ever end up in Utah, my dream is to have season tickets front row ;) So if any of you ever get rich enough, you can surprise me for my birthday or something. And of course you can't leave SLC without seeing the Christmas lights which had just turned on a few days prior! So beautiful!

Anyway, it was a great vacay and so great being with my family! Looks like everyone else's went well so now that it's almost Christmas...more stories to come!

2 comments:

Alisa said...

oh...so fun! looks like you had a great time and i'm so happy you got to go see your jazz play!! when we're rich i'll buy you season tickets:)

Rolyndia said...

What a great get-a-way. Looks like it was fun for you, I would have to say with clay's expression, I am not sure it was for him! LOL!!