Monday, February 15, 2010

Those Little Rascals...

After six months of living here in Washington, I have finally gotten myself out of the house! ha ha I have decided that I was going to substitute teach here since we would be moving around a lot and with that, I wouldn't be tied down with a job or anything.  Well, I put in my application to the school district I live in in November.  I still have not heard back from them for when they finished my reference checks.  Oh. my. heck. So, I decided that I would try another school district close by.  I did my whole application in one day and heard back from them after the weekend and set up an orientation to get started.  Wow. Forget about the other district that has been taking months! Annoying!  Anyway, so I just had my first day subbing Friday! I have my teaching certificate in secondary education, but I am able to sub anywhere, any class. Most of the ones I have lined up are those little rascals in the elementary and middle schools-ok, they really aren't that bad.  I'm just glad to finally get to start subbing and keep myself somewhat busy and out of the house.  I am keeping busy though still with my other blog, crocheting away! I'll be getting new style of beanies up there hopefully soon so check back again!

2 comments:

Rolyndia said...

So happy for you! I can't imagine how hard it would be to have a degree and not use it. Hope you like subbing and it let's you get your foot in the door for a fulltime position!

Liz Horton said...

yay! that's my plan, well sort of :) anywho, that's a really great way to get to know the schools without signing a contract, and for them to get to know you!