Ok, so I'm going back and forth debating on whether we should get a pack 'n' play or a crib for the baby. We thought of a pack 'n' play because of moving so much this next year with the baby; however, I definitely like the look and feel of having an actual crib. Yes, they are more expensive, but I want to be practical too, like being able to take the playard with us too when camping, etc.
SO...this is where you all come in play. Give me the pros and cons of having either one of them. AND...I'm so lost with my list of things I need to get before the baby comes. I want to wait until Black Friday/Cyber Monday to see if I can get things cheaper, so if you have any experience with buying baby stuff that time of the year, let me know! So give me your top 5 MUST-HAVE baby items that you can't live without, what you'd pay more to get your bucks worth, and what you use allll the time :D Thanks!


6 comments:
I would get both. Although, I wasn't moving around very much. Annie definitely enjoys her crib more and sleeps ALOT better in it. Even though it is nice to have a pack n' play for trips, she would DEFINITELY prefer the full size crib.
I would say both too. Pack and Play is convenient and nice, but not as high quality as a crib and assumable you will have more kids so you will get your moneys worth.
Check around with people who are done with their baby stuff (thats how I got most of mine).
Hey you. I would say both too becuase they will probably grow out of the pack n' play before they would need a toddler bed or regular bed and then you would have to get one a crib anyway. I love both and Dawson is sleeping so much better in his crip now. Pack n' plays are awesome to have too for travelling. Some other things that I loved having for my kids what a bouncy seat so while I took a shower and they weren't asleep I would just put them in that, also another thing that I loved and borrowed from a friend was a baby swing. Another thing was a little playmat so the baby had fun floor time. Anyway I probably have more but I need to give my kids a quick bath before bed time. I'll let you know the rest soon. You rock!
yep, sorry jess....you were probably hoping for one or the other, but i'd say both too! owen has done great sleeping in the pack 'n play camping, at friends houses, etc, but just recently he's not doing that as easily. i'm wondering if he feels like it's to small, kind of closing in on him. i would ask around too. see what people are done with. we actually got our pack 'n play AND crib for free...people in our ward were done with them. so, maybe start there?
top 5?
some kind of carrier (i really like my bjorn)
swaddling blankets
while i nursed i loved my "breast friend"
stroller (maybe that's obvious)
bouncer
Okay, I have to agree with everyone else too...you need both! It is SOO smart to wait until Black Friday or the Holidays to buy everything. I found my Bergamo Americana crib (normally a $250 crib) from Babies R Us on sale and used some coupons I had and got it for $125 after tax (the sale was running through new years and I got it on New Years Eve!) I also found my Graco pack n play on sale for $39, so it would be a good idea to look for both (cribs are SOO much comfier than pack n plays)
Also on my list of top 5:
1. A rocker/glider/recliner chair (with an ottoman) is a MUST for nursing and late night feedings! I found mine at Shopko (normally around $100-125) and got it for $75 the day after Thanksgiving. Mine if microfiber and has held up SOO well after almost 3 years! I know you can find them at Wal-mart also (i think they're in the office section-either pleather or microfiber)
2. a bouncy chair-mine is the Combi brand and I like the adjustable recline, the vibration and I also like the sun canopy on mine so we can use it outside.
3. I love Gavin's Bumbo chair (we didn't have one for Sky) he's four months old and loves to sit in it and we feed him his rice cereal in it also!
4. A boppy is a total necessity if you have a c-section, but I haven't used mine as much with Gavin since I had him VBAC, so it's something to think about.
5. I LOVE my Evenflo baby carrier ($20 at Walmart) for when they're still infants, and my Ergo Baby carrier for when they get older and grow out of the Evenflo (Sky grew out of hers at 5 months, but she still fits in the Ergo Baby!) BUT...they're like $120, but worth it!
SORRY, I have a few more must-haves...
6. Gerber cloth diapers are the BEST for burp rags. You have to wash them a few times first, but they are the most absorbent (especially when your baby spits up a ton) they're not pretty, but they work the best!
7. I love A&D cream for bum rash. It has worked the best for us.
8. We got a mirror to see Gavin in for when we're in the car and we love it. Here is the one I bought: http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4631123
9. Lastly, I love the Lansinoh breast pads for if you're nursing, but I just decided that I like the playtex ones also and they're cheaper.
Sorry this is a novel, but I'm just too excited for you! Love you hon!!
I have to agree with every ones comment and every single one of Sams. Carson has a hard time sleeping in his pack and play, so it makes for long nights when we are on vacation or away from home. I think the majority of kids sleep better in cribs. They just want the best comfy thing just like us. :) I have seen pack and plays on clearance too. There are actually some really nice graco ones on clearance at my walmart for $39 and they were normally over $100.00, so just keep your eyes out! :) Also watch targets coupon website, sometimes they have $5-$20.00 off baby equipment. I will keep my eyes out for ya too! Good Luck! I am so happy for ya. :)
Post a Comment