Thursday, September 23, 2010

lake superior

Clay thought it would be awesome to go visit one of the Great Lakes since we were so close to them! So we headed out Saturday for Duluth, MN, which is the mouth of Lake Superior.  
This is what we saw as we drove into town.  It doesn't even seem like it's a lake...more like the ocean with how huge it is!  We were told to eat at a place called Grandma's Saloon, which was yummy! We sat on the rooftop and enjoyed the scenery, as well as this bridge lifting up to let the boats through.
We walked around the boardwalk and through the visitor's center.  Clay was able to re-enact the captain of the Titanic's final moment in his cabin.
It was a fun little place to walk around downtown.  As we were leaving, we drove past a Cold Stone and I immediately told Clay to turn around and park so I could get some ice cream! Oh, it was so delish :) I've been craving sweets like 24/7, especially here in Minnesota.  I've been trying to cut down for the last few days because I go in for my glucose test at the doctor's and am so afraid of getting gestational diabetes.  However, I have heard that mostly those who are overweight or have been gaining too much weight usually get it, which I don't even think I'm at the right weight right now, so I'm a little relieved. But, I have been hungry ALL the time now these last couple days too...so looks like the weight gain will catch up to me now :) ha ha  Anyway, it was a great time in Duluth to spend with Clay and have a gorrrrgeous day to enojoy it on!!!

No comments: