Friday, April 1, 2011

Kort's Blessing Weekend

Kort was blessed the weekend of my birthday. My parents were able to fly into town and most of Clay's siblings were able to make it. Now because I'm behind on all these events, I'll try not to talk too much and get into detail. ha ha We were able to take my parents to Fort Lewis and see Clay's projects. This was the first place my mom lived when she came to America from Germany. Her sister was born on base and so we went to see the old hospital and the new one! My dad also lived on base for a while during ROTC so it was fun for them to check out all the old and new things. We also spent a day in Seattle. Granted, we don't mind showing our friends and family around Seattle, but personally, I think there's only so much you can do there. I guess I just don't get what all the fuss is about that city unless you're there to party or go shopping :) ha ha We wandered through Pikes Place, we ate on top of the Space Needle, and went down on the boardwalk along the piers. We lucked out as it was a beautiful day!


Clay's family arrived that Friday evening and so we went out to dinner at BJ's (one of our favies!). Saturday we had our luncheon since most of the family was already leaving after church Sunday. There was a crap load of food - soups, salads, yummy pie, and delicious cornbread! It was fun having some of our friends there with us too. The girls went out that afternoon to go shopping while the guys stayed and watched Kort and Dark Knight. Go figure. Ha ha We were going to go out to dinner that night again, but we were all so stuffed that we ended up just snacking on the leftovers and ordered a movie on the TV. 

Sunday was the big day! Kort's great grandma Fenton crocheted a white blanket for him to be swaddled in. He looked so handsome! The blessing Clay gave was absolutely beautiful. My dad said Kort was wide awake the whole time and just looking up probably staring at the angels. I don't doubt that one bit. He is our little angel. We are so blessed to have him in our lives. I am grateful for his health and strength. He is my trial but also my biggest blessing.


(all the guys in the circle)
Clay's family went home Sunday, we took my parents to the airport Monday morning, and Clay's mom stayed for the rest of the week until Saturday! It was nice having her here longer to help out with Kort. He definitely got a lot of attention and threw off all his naps so he was quite fussy most of the week. We mainly just relaxed though during the week. We did take mamasita up to see Mt. Rainier though and got an awesome picture!
 (grandpa Fenton holding Kort for the first time)
 (Clay caught Kort smiling while being held by cousin Leland)
 (our crazy living room!)
(I think this was just Kort being fussy with uncle Quinn...ha ha)
It was an absolute blast having our family come up here to visit! Thank you everyone!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

Looks like lots of fun!! He is a really cute baby and I really like the pictures.