Saturday, March 10, 2012

Oooooklahoma where the wind blows . . .



Move # 23499238 to the windy state of OK! We're headed off to another wind project that Clay will work on - with 140 turbines (it will produce up to 235 mw). We'll actually live in a place for more than 4 months! Woo hoo! I don't know if I'm more excited to get out of this hotel or to move to a new place. I'm pretty excited though. 

The city we'll live in is Enid, about 90 miles north of Oklahoma City. I've done a lot of research as to what there is in the city and I think it will be good enough for me :) Sadly though, there is no Target :( It has about 50,000 people. Lots of splash parks for the summer time. A Ross Store. Hobby Lobby (that could get me in trouble). I think the main grocery store people go to is the Walmart Supercenter, which is fine by me. Overall, there will be enough resources for what I need.

I think the biggest concern for me is that we'll be in tornado alley. Especially with what's been happening just east of the state with all the F4 tornadoes, it kind of makes me nervous as to what might happen while we're there. I think that will be one of the first questions I have when we move there and talk to our landlord - safety drills, etc. Ha ha


So, if any of you have ever had the desire to visit OK . . . here's your chance at it to come visit me :)



No comments: