Saturday, March 31, 2012

1 . 25 years old

This little guy is a whoppin' 15 months old today! I can't believe how much he's grown up since he turned one. Actually, I swear he's grown and changed so much just since we moved. I was accepting the fact that he took 30 minute naps. Last weekend, our full weekend moved in, his naps were just horrible, if he even got some, too. We thought it was just because Clay was home and he wanted to play with him.

Monday comes, and that morning nap turned into a hour nap. Afternoon nap stayed 30 minutes. Tuesday, hour morning nap, hour afternoon nap. Say What?!! Where did this come from? Wednesday, hour each nap. Thursday, the same. Friday, hour morning, hour and a half afternoon. Saturday (today), hour+ morning, 1.5+ afternoon. Where is this coming from?! Even during his other growth spurts, he never slept like this. Can someone please explain this to me? I know the doc said he would eventually get longer afternoon naps, but not this quick or this easy, of what I thought. But hey, I am NOT complaining. A lot of these naps, he's taking almost 30 minutes just to go to sleep, on top of his hour nap, so I get LOTS of extra self time. He talks to himself before falling asleep, and wakes up jibber jabbering. Oh, and his nighttime sleep? He's probably falling asleep around 7:30 and waking up right before 8:00 a.m. This is a huge change as well. I am loving every minute of it. I'm not used to this. I've heard of other babies doing so well and sleeping till 8 or 9 in the mornings, which is normal for them, etc., but this hasn't been normal for Kort.

One thing Clay and I have thought might be the cause for this, is having him sleep back on his crib mattress, and not that lame, thin, pack and play "mattress" that he has for the last 4 months. He has room to sleep and not be in weird positions. We made our own "crib" with a security gate. It's pretty awesome.


Anyway, I'm loving spending time with the babes. Granted, there's not much to do around here when Clay's got the car, but we do get outside and walk around
the parking lot or pool.

On a side note, we just sold our baby today :( Clay's Nissan Maxima, that we have had since getting married (he had it before), but it's been our first car together. Kind of a bitter sweet moment. Nice to get some money to build our emergency fund back up, but sad for the memories it's got with it, now given to a 16 year old girl who Clay's bummed that she's going to put zebra seat covers on. It already has Oklahoma license plates. Weird.



On another note, General Conference (of what we were awake for) was so fulfilling today! Can't wait for Sunday's session.

No comments: