Friday, April 13, 2012

OKC Temple and Easter

We haven't been up to much here in OK. We did venture out this Easter weekend to OKC and went to the Temple. We figured we probably wouldn't be able to go in together for a while until we get to know people here to watch Kort, so we took turns going in and watching Kort. 


It's a beautiful Temple, but one of the "mini temples" built during President Hinckley's time.







It was nice to be there. We headed to lunch and the mall afterwards. Can I just say how much I miss having a mall nearby. Like down the road nearby. Or the Mall of America just down the interstate? There's basically just Old Navy in town, which luckily I love, but I think I'm going to have most of my wardrobe consist of ON by the end of the summer. 


I had google mapped how long it would take to get to the temple, which was 1 hour 20 minutes. I didn't realize the route it was taking us on that, and so when we put the address in the GPS, we took the main interstate and had to go through the turnpike toll roads. Exact change required. We had ZERO change. So, we stopped at the coin drop, trying to figure out what to do. Well, we drove through, buzzer sounded, and we just kept going. Same thing with the other toll to get off the turnpike. LAME. Especially considering the total was like $1.60 or something. We'll see if we get a ticket. My neighbor said they rarely do that, and if so, it's not much. Guess we'll see. 

Easter Sunday . . . once again, we were bums when it came to celebrating a holiday. I think I was more disappointed in myself for not really taking the time before Easter, to prepare myself for the true meaning. I am so thankful for the Atonement in my life. I know Jesus Christ died for all of us, for all our sins. He suffered in Gethsemane and on the cross. But I know that he rose from the tomb. He LIVES! And because of that, I know that I can live again, and with Him! It's the most amazing miracle!

We got Kort a little easter basket, with bubbles, coloring book, bath toys, toothbrush and toothpaste, and some sweets. A few of Clay's coworkers got together and we all had easter dinner together. It was nice to have dinner with others, and get to know them. So all in all, it was a great Sunday. 

And now to update with the previous Chocolate post . . . I failed. HA. Well, not too bad. I pretty much caved during my birthday weekend. Go figure. But I think sweets, in general, are my weakness.

And about Kort's napping . . . yeah, that didn't last long. 2 weeks. Maybe a growth spurt. Although he's never slept like that during any other growth spurt. I still loved every minute of it. He is jabbering non stop, learning more signing like "more" and "all done". We love that little guy to pieces!

1 comment:

Nicole said...

We have a small temple like that in Spokane. It will be wierd not being RIGHT next to a temple when we move in July. We miss you guys!