Trying to get Kort's 18 month check up was a joke here. The process was ridiculous, but alas, we got an appointment . . . 2 months later. So here we are, 20 months old.
Here's Kort's stats:
Height: 34 inches = 78%
Weight: 26 lbs. = 43%
Head Circumference: 48.3 cm = 55%
Still the same tall and skinny dude! I didn't realize they needed a check up at 15 months, so we obviously skipped that, so Kort got 3 shots, which he screamed for them, but he relaxed a few minutes later and was fine the rest of the day. I hate seeing him tear up.
Here's a quick rundown of his daily schedule.
7:30 wake up, mommy be lazy, eat breakfast, get dressed, get 8 oz. whole milk
10:00 nap time - he still gets tired in the morning and will take about an hour nap
11:00 playgroup on Thursdays - that is, when we have the car and feel up to going
12:00 lunch time - 8 oz. whole milk plus lunch
2:00 nap time - this one usually varies - he'll fall asleep on his own, or not, so I put him to sleep, which he doesn't nap as long
5:00 dinner - 8 oz. whole milk plus dinner
7:30 get ready for bed
Yes, that's the basics. We lead a boring life so it's time for me to whip out all the things I've pinned on Pinterest and start doing activities with Kort :) Good idea, eh? ha ha We've gone to the splash pad a couple of times, walk around our apartment complex, go shopping, went to the park for a picnic, so not totally pathetic. Most days Kort doesn't get to see Clay, but when he does, he loves watching out the patio door for him to walk by and then run to the front door to see him walk in.
For his check up, they had me score with a yes, sometimes, or not yet on things he's accomplished or progressed with, such as how many words he can say, his personality skills/traits, interactions with toys/kids, etc. We got the results back and apparently he's too low on some so they have what's called SoonerStart which helps toddlers through 36 months with developmental delays. Well, I definitely wouldn't consider Kort to have that, but it's free so whatever help is given, sure. On the questionnaire the ones I put Not Yet on were things I haven't even tried with him, but it still rates/scores it the same, so I think those were the ones that are considering him to have a delay. We'll see what happens. I blame myself for anything like that because I just don't get him out enough to interact with other children and he's always cooped up in the house like I am, so it's my fault anyway.
Kort's doing great overall. He's still super active and won't give me a break!
New things he's doing:
*Throws and kicks the ball
*Folds his arms for prayer and says "may meh" for amen
*Signs please, thank you, all done, and more
*Learning to use a spoon/fork
*Stands on his head and sometimes rolls over
*Will spin in circles saying "pin pin pin" for spin
*Still not a huge fan of large amounts of water, but loves splashing during bath time
*Loves to hear Skype ringing/calling
*Is pointing at everything!
*Takes his shorts off all the time
What a hoot he is to have around! I figure there's always going to be something that's hard to handle with a child. First it was sleeping, then it's eating, and yadda yadda yadda. It's never ending, but I still love our little monkey no matter what!

No comments:
Post a Comment