I thought it would be fun to explore a little more of Oklahoma, so I wanted to go check out Tulsa. I thought the zoo would be fun to take Kort to, so I kind of had that planned out. Well, after 94 hours and 7 days of work later, I didn't think Clay would want to go anywhere and would just want to relax. So I put those plans on hold. It was going to be 100+ degrees so we decided no on the zoo, and Clay wanted to get out of the house, so we opted for OKC instead.
Bricktown was our new destination. Come to think of it, we drove past the Thunder's stadium, and I didn't even get a picture. Guess that means we'll just have to go to a game this season to get one :) The only thing I can compare Bricktown to is a mini downtown with a bunch of restaurants - the party place after the games. They have a riverfront type thing similar to San Antonio (of what Clay told me) that you can take a water taxi on. We just ended up stopping at Bass Pro Shop and finding a place to eat lunch.
We ate at Jazmo'z Bourbon Street Cafe just off the riverwalk. Pretty good food, I got chicken fettucine alfredo, but I wouldn't get that again, even though it was good. Half the plate was full of grease after I almost finished. Clay got an appetizer of "alligator bites". He said it was just fried meat and had me try a piece. Dumb blonde of me. It was real alligator meat. Nasty. Ok, so it really wasn't all that bad, just really bland.
We had parked a ways away at the Botanical Gardens and I had planned on maybe letting Kort play in their splash area and us walking around. Well, it all lasted about 5 minutes until it was sweating hot and we just hopped in the car and left. Kort was getting cranky so I told Clay to just find a Target and they could take a nap while I went in.
Oh how I have missed Target! Well, the one we found quickly on the GPS was similar to the one we had in Austin, MN so not big and not a Super Target. Oh well. Kind of in the ghetto area too. I felt good when I walked into the store. However, that feeling soon dwindled as I wasn't finding any great deals. I then realized the one main reason I have loved Target was for their clearance and couponing. Don't get me wrong, I love all their stuff, I'm just a cheap-o and rarely buy full priced items there. I left the store with only the purchase of a bottled water for Clay.
Kort never ended up falling asleep so we headed home and entertained him with a water bottle and twizzlers. He went to bed early. We bought Battleship and it was AWESOME! Rihanna wasn't too bad of an actor and Liam Neeson is brilliant as always. It was such a great day though to be able to spend with Clay, seeing how I pretty much hadn't seen him for the last week. Good thing it's his rotation this weekend and it's fair time here!!! Yee-haw!
4 years ago


No comments:
Post a Comment