Ok. I'm completely a newbie at this. I wanted to try doing freezer meals to
1. Cut our grocery bill
2. I'm sick of cooking once 5:00 hits
3. Do it sometime in the future
I decided the night before shopping to gather a menu. There's plenty of resources out there, but I'm really picky with my meals so I found some good crockpot recipes. I got all the recipes together and put a shopping list together as well. I'm so glad Clay was home this weekend to help watch Kort otherwise I would have been a complete mess.
Just before I was going to get everything started, I realized a rookie mistake. I bought frozen chicken. Now how are you supposed to cut chicken to freeze it? You surely can't thaw then refreeze it without cooking, which would have defeated the whole purpose of my plan. I was completely bummed out. So to make a long story short, lesson learned to buy fresh everything first. However, I did have a pork roast and round steak not frozen so I was at least able to make 4 freezer meals. Maybe one of these days I'll find someone who is a pro and can help me out and we can do a day of freezer meals :) ha ha
4 years ago


2 comments:
I've never done freezer meals, except for a few chilis and stews before Clara was born. But I've heard another way to go is just to make double and freeze half for later! Post your successes and let me know how they turn out. :)
I am queen of freezer meals! Proud of it! I freeze everything from milk to cheese...etc. Let's have a freezer meal party if you are coming to Idaho around Christmas time ok?!? P.S. You can still freeze frozen chicken and just add the crock pot cooking time for an hour longer then it calls for to make sure the chicken cooks all the way. Have fun! :)
Post a Comment