Wow, I don't think I've posted this soon after another post...I have been lacking. I suppose today I just feel like "complaining". I'll post how our weekend in Nevada went this last weekend once I get pictures, but for now, you can choose to hear me sulk in my misery. I have been soaking my legs in freezing cold water ever since we got back Sunday night and oh boy, I really don't like the cold even more! I think I got sick from this weekend and from my sunburn because I have felt like I've gotten the chills, even in 110 degree weather, and I've been nauseous like I was in my first trimester. Luckily, the soaking has been helping, but I will have an extremely tacky sun tan as a strip down the front of my legs. I also think I was very dehydrated as I almost passed out twice in Nevada - once in the mall while shopping for cute boy clothes, and the second - while on the plane flying out of Vegas. Um, I think I need to drink more water. Yeah. I knew I haven't been anyway while being pregnant, so I guess being out in that heat for 4+ hours was the last straw pulled.
Yesterday, for the first time, I saw what it meant when they say pregnant women get swollen feet. I don't think this heat is helping me any. They aren't that bad, but I can see the difference as they are looking more like cankles :S Ugh. So, in all reality, I guess I don't have that much to complain about...it definitely could get worse. This pregnancy has treated me very well so far. I realize that when carrying a boy, it's all out in front - at least for now - so I don't look all that fat...yet. I'll get a picture up here soon because I'm at 20 weeks...HALF WAY baby!!!
Oh, and the last thing...I'm bummed about missing this...
The social event of the year...Cassia County Fair and Rodeo! I know I haven't even been for a few years, but it's still a part of my roots. It's always so nice to run into old friends and make new ones, eat the best maple bars, be out in the sun watching the parade, go to the concerts, and just make new memories! Clay has never experienced it, so hopefully one day he will (maybe next year :), but no one knows how great it really is unless you're part of the B-Town Mafia!!!


1 comment:
I totally understand about the ankles. I stand all day at work, so when I get home I put on my old ankle braces from high school basketball. They really help a lot! I wish I could have made it to the fair too. John doesn't understand about the fair because here they only have a big tent thing for 4-h stuff. I hope to be able to take him one of these years.
Post a Comment