Monday, August 23, 2010

whale watching

Last year Clay and I went whale watching for our anniversary.  It was a gorgeous day, however, we didn't get to see any whales.  Because of this, they gave us "fluke" passes, letting us come back whenever, with no expiration date.  Anyway, seeing how I didn't do too well even on a plane, I decided to let Quinn take my pass.  So Clay and Quinn went this last weekend.  They were lucky enough to see whales...well, at least the fins of the Minke whales.  Clay was the only one who got to see dolphins, so at least it was a worthwhile trip for them.
They went in the evening this time and Clay captured this beautiful sunset!  Once the boat started heading back in, the captain warned everyone that it was going to get rough, so they might want to get inside.  Well, Clay being himself, went to the very front and all of a sudden there comes this huge wave and pounds Clay and Quinn all over.  They were soaked!  Lucky Clay - he got this twice, so he was soaking wet when he got home.  Glad they could have a good time though.  Maybe someday we'll go on a cruise and be able to see whales and dolphins that way :) I'm just fine with that idea.

No comments: