I'd have to say, I thought it was going to be a long, boring summer living in Austin for a short 4 months. Boy was I wrong. From the day we moved in, we were instantly welcomed with open arms. We were already invited over for dinner the next day, had plans with our new friends the next week, and I found some jogging buddies a couple weeks later. So, needless to say, those 4 months went by in a flash, and it's sad that we're not there anymore. We made long-lasting friendships and Kort hit many milestones.
It was Scott and Nathaniel's birthday right close to each other, so we made the drive back to Austin to celebrate their special days!
Nathaniel turned the big 1! He's only a month and half older than Kort. He is such a good and adorable baby! I think he's what got Kort motivated to start sitting up and crawling. Too bad he hadn't started walking, otherwise maybe Kort would be by now (insert hand in mouth - I'm sure once Kort starts walking, I'll wish he was still a newborn).
This is Kort and his buddy, Ian. He made Kort a "Squash Man". His mom, Brytnie, was telling me that Ian was always talking about Kort, at home and church, which is funny to me because they only played together a couple times and then at library story times :)
It was too cute.
We sure loved Austin! We made some great friends, and wished we could have spent more time getting to know those we did right before our move. Definitely one of the friendliest places we've lived. I don't know if I could retire there...guess I'll find out
after this Minnesota winter passes. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment