Thursday, April 25, 2013

6 weeks


It's already been six weeks since I've delivered this baby! I'll be honest, I want time to fly because I want Griffin to get on a better sleeping schedule (and to let me sleep!) and to be bigger so Kort doesn't smother him! I haven't really been the type to want to really snuggle babies, maybe because I've always been hormonal crazy and right now it's hard because I need to take care of Kort as well. So sue me if I say I partially want time to fly. 

Anyway, I do love this chunk of love. He seems like he's totally different than Kort. I do find myself calling him Kort though for several things. It's like I am having to re-do everything with Kort, except I'm obviously not and this is another human being that we've been trusted with to raise. 

At 5 weeks:

Height: 22 inches = 61%
Weight: 11 lbs. 5 oz. = 82%
Head Circumference: 38.1 cm = 43%

I believe it was like the third or fourth week that he started having really bad projectile spit up. It was just nasty. One time it actually got on my face. Nasty. Anyway, so I thought he had been losing weight because of it. Took him in for a weight check and he had actually almost gained a pound that week which generally they like around 6 oz. a week. Um, no problem there then. He wasn't fussy or anything but I guess he had been gassy. We got gas drops and decided that I should go off dairy and chocolate to see if it would make a difference. I guess it did because to this day he really hasn't had it happen again. I did splurge the weekend family was here with chocolate milk and oreos and sure enough, he had bad p. spit up the next day. So I am still off it but do drink Almond milk which really isn't bad. I do miss my chocolate though so hopefully his digestive system will continue getting stronger and I can go back slowly to eating my dairy and chocolate in moderation. It's been harder to lose this baby weight, as I've heard it is after the first child, so hopefully this will help as well. I am just about back to my pre baby weight or at least close to it to losing about 30 pounds in 6 weeks? Heck, I'll take it :) 

This is pretty much his schedule for now. It is in the process of changing, which hopefully it really won't change like it is.

8:00 a.m. wake up and eat
9:30 down for nap
11:45ish awake and eat
1:15ish down for nap (same as Kort so MY nap time, too!!)
4:00ish awake and eat
5:30ish down for nap
-this is where it drives me crazy because I wish he would just take another normal two hour nap.
6:00 wake up
and the rest is so random with falling asleep whenever but he usually is asleep by 10 p.m. in either mine or Clay's arms.
1:30 a.m. feeding
5:00 a.m. feeding

That's probably as close as it gets to being constant. He's been starting to take 45 minute naps in the morning and I can't get him back to sleep in his crib unless I hold him, which frustrates me because Kort is so hyper at that time and wants attention. Evenings are so messed up. He's fallen asleep at night in his crib once and taken a two hour evening nap like I'd hope just once. I'm sure things will start to get more structured though. 

Kort is loving to say "eye" all the time and touch everyone's eye, including Griffin's which obviously he's not so gentle. We have to let him hold him every so often so he doesn't get so rough with him.



Hopefully this will help me in the future knowing schedules and progression :)

1 comment:

Kabe 'n Dave said...

Jess, we're so much alike it's scary! :) My babe had the same massive spit up prob. I'm dairy and chocolate free now, too. Boo! But it helps, so that's all that matters. It's so hard to find a good balance with two kids! I'm the same with hoping time will definitely help make things easier. Good luck, my friend! Your boys are so handsome, you did great!!