Wednesday, April 24, 2013

A Baby Story

Wednesday, March 13th was my due date. My last ob appointment the week before the doc really thought I was going to have this baby. I was dilated to a 4 and about 50% effaced. I hadn't noticed any real painful contractions so I had no idea if or when I would go into labor. She said if I ended up showing to my 40 week appointment, she'd just induce me the next day! Well, the due date came. I was almost dilated to a 5 and 70% effaced. Clay's mom had already come into town to help out so we figured we just needed to get this baby out.

We showed up to the hospital Thursday morning, March 14th, at 8:00 a.m. Got hooked up to the pitocin and antibiotics (I had the GBS bacteria) by 9:30. Oh.my.gosh. Once the contractions started happening, I was miserable! I don't know why I didn't press the nurse button sooner, but finally she came in and saw that I was in pain and said the anesthesiologist was on her way. THANK YOU! Well, it took about another 20 minutes for her to get there. I was in major pain. There was no way I was doing this natural though - I have nothing to prove! FINALLY we got the epidural in and working and boy was that ever heaven! It never felt so good to not feel my legs. Ha ha. By that time, it was about noon and my doc was going to come in then and break my water. Well, all she did was put some pressure up there and it broke instantly. I was ready to push.

Basically, no later than 15 minutes was this baby out! I pushed through four contractions and didn't break a sweat. Just joking. It felt so easy though.


Griffin D Fenton
03.14.13
12:23 p.m.
8 lbs. 4 oz.
21.5 inches

I am lucky enough to have gotten this much written down to post, so more will have to come later. 

2 comments:

Leisa Moulton said...

Congrats on the new baby!!

Hollie said...

Love the story, but where are the pictures?! So happy for you!