4 years ago
Friday, January 9, 2009
2008 Comes To An End
I don't even know where to begin seeing how I haven't written since Thanksgiving! I'm not even going to go into much detail - so sorry, but I'll try and fill ya'll in with everything that's happened since then. Clay and I finally got through the Fall Semester with having gone to school all year long except the 8 week break. We got on Fast Track so we could both get done this coming July and can I tell you that it's exhausting to go to school that long! haha I was getting ready for student teaching in the winter semester in South Salt Lake and Clay was going to do his internship which I will talk about later but we rented our apartment for the winter semester and we'll be back in it for the summer! We spent Christmas with his family - we were supposed to go visit my family for Thanksgiving but everything fell through so we never got to see them and then we didn't want to have to travel to Burley, back to Rexburg, then to Utah right before we moved. Christmas was awesome though! Mamasita's side of the family has a dinner Christmas Eve and a gift exchange so that was fun. I got the best presents this year! haha I got a Magic Bullet that you see on TV that you just push down on the "blender" to chop everything - it's absolutely amazing! We also got a crock pot - finally! We never got one for our wedding, kinda weird because it seems like everyone gets one. Clay got me a scrapbooking program for the computer, I got an electric blanket/sheet! I love this because I am always cold! I also got a Deron Williams jersey - Go JAZZ! - and tickets for whenever I want (my bro in law has the hook ups :) It was great just being able to be with Clay and not have to worry about work or school. I obviously quit my job at ARTCO which was driving me crazy and Clay quit Sinclair which he had been there for like 3 years! Well we moved the Saturday after Christmas - it was quite a blizzard but we had everything packed so we still left. Clay's brother, Brandon and his family - Barbara and Leland flew in the night before and so we drug them to Utah with us to help move which we really appreciated. We had 2 trucks and 3 cars hauling everything! Luckily no one went off the road and we all got here safely. Wow, this is getting long. I may just make 2 posts! Well we got a great hook-up by my friend Kelsie Sterzer who had just done her student teaching in West Jordan and they were living beside her Aunt/Uncle's house (Brian's Aunt and Uncle) and they had a basement that they fixed up and let us rent it! Great price, great neighbors, great location (5 minutes from Taylorsville High School where I'm student teaching)! Couldn't have gotten better. We ended up going back to Rexburg for New Year's Eve and had a party at our Aunt Mel's which was a blast! Our friends Nicole and Nathan came and joined us too and we got to play Rummy - my latest favorite card game :) So this ends the year 2008! I can't believe that we have been married through a full year! We loved every minute of it and spending all the great holidays together. Clay is my best friend and it's always hard when you can't spend all the time with your best friend as you will have probably already read with the newer post above this one . . .
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment