Friday, January 9, 2009

Being Away From Your Best Friend . . .

This will probably be the hardest thing I have done in my life so far. Clay ended up getting a GREAT internship - only it is in Fort Lewis, Washington. These last few days have been getting harder as I counted down when he would leave. The other night his brother, Tyler, called us up telling us he had some Utah Grizzlies Hockey tickets so we took 'em! We still had to run errands that night so we got to the game with like 12:00 left - not bummed. It was great just to be there. He didn't have to pay for the tickets so we didn't lose out on anything - it was just great to go with Clay and spend time with him and he could spend time with his brother which they have been all week long! I started student teaching this week and let me tell you my cooperating teachers wipes me out! She is fully of energy - almost too much for me! I'm fine in the morning but after classes and not even doing anything, I'm dead and she's still on full throttle. She is already helping me out greatly and I'm excited to teach Health. However, I found out what P.E. classes I will have - Lifetime Sports and . . . Swimming! Yeah, I haven't really been a swimmer in a pool since I was like 7 and here I have to teach now! WOW! Well it really won't be hard just challenging and time consuming. I'll start teaching in a week or so when the new semester begins. I'm glad that a friend of mine from back home is teaching Orchestra at the High School too so I'll at least be able to know someone and vent with her! haha But, today was the day that Clay left for Washington. It's already been quite hard, mostly last night. He's probably about settled in to his hotel room for a couple of days and hopefully he'll find an apartment this weekend for when he starts work on Monday. Luckily too he gets reimbursed for driving the 13 hours there and back here! It was weird coming home to no one, no roommate. I'm more worried for him because he knows no one there compared to me here I have friends and family all around me. This will be a great experience for both of us though and this internship will be great for him - it's a superb company and there's a better possibility of having a career with them now. Anyway, I'll try and keep you updated with student teaching or whatever fun things I do. Hopefully a Jazz game is in sight soon :) Hope all your new years have started out great!

1 comment:

Samantha said...

Oh, Jess! That's such a bummer about Clay being gone. It's great that he got such a fantastic internship, but I'm sad you two will both be lonely. Good luck student teaching-You are soo amazing, I know you'll do great! Well, Daisy and I are in the same Anat & Phys class which is way fun! I was in ESS320 with Kimpel, but 14 credits with a baby was too much and I dropped that class and one other, so now I'm at 10 credits. Will you two be able to see each other at all while you're apart? When do both the internship and student teaching end? Talk to you lata!