
It's now been 2 weeks since Clay has left and fortunately I have been surviving! It does still stink that he's not here but we talk on the phone every night like we were dating again. ha ha I love it though because we really focus on each other and talk about everything! So we've been trying to find a time where I could come up to see him and it was basically Valentine's weekend that looked the best for me because I didn't have school that next Monday (President's Day I believe) and it was kind of a half mark of when he left to when I'd be up there to drive back with him. So I've been trying to find great flights and Southwest was the only 'cheap' one. I love Priceline naming your own price, but I wanted specific times so I could be with him as much as possible so yes, Southwest was the cheapest at $205. Well we decided to wait and see if it would get less but I was getting antsy. Anyway, I came home the other day and jumped on here to see what the prices were and surprise, surprise! Southwest had a special 3 day sale to Seattle!!! How crazy is that!? The tickets were 50% off so it ended up taking about $30 off though. Hmmm, I thought to myself that I should check Priceline ONE more time. I couldn't believe my eyes - they jumped down like $80! I quickly went through the process of about to buy them and it showed that there were only 3 more tickets at that price. Shoot, well we didn't have money in our account yet from Clay's paychecks so I transferred some from another one and quickly bought them! So it's official! I am going to Seattle for Valentine's Day weekend!!!!!! What a blessing it was to get those tickets at the price that I did - Heavenly Father must really want me to be with my husband to celebrate our birthdays, Valentine's Day, and kind of a late Anniversary romantic getaway :) Clay booked a few nights at a Bed and Breakfast place too so I'm super stoked about it all!!!

Clay just sent me this picture today of him at work - I believe it was his first day at work! He's such a hottie! But this is great Tacoma (technically Fort Lewis on the Military Base) with the overcast skies 24/7 basically. He says a good day for everyone there is when it's not raining - ha, not my idea of a good day! He's doing great though getting right into the swing of things. I'm so proud of him - he's such a hard worker!
On another note, I started teaching this week! I really don't have bad kids at all thank goodness! I have 4 Health classes, 1 swimming and 1 lifetime sports class! It's great though because I have all my classes for the first 3 periods and then lunch and my prep hour so I'm done by 12:08 every day!!! I think that's what makes this teaching so great! haha Just on a side note and totally random - I love listening to Pandora Radio on the internet (pandora.com for all you who don't know about it) and I just decided to add a Disney station to it. I'm such a nerd but I absolutely LOVE it! It has songs from Disney movies, shows on Disney channel, music from Disney stars and teen pop stars - yeah I admit to liking that type of music :) You should check it out!!! Anyway, I'll keep ya updated on my stories :) But until then . . . TTFN!

2 comments:
Your blog is looking all cute! I like your music too I will probly just open it up to here for your playlist! I'm so glad you get to go see clay for valentines that will be fun!
You are so amazing Jess. Honestly, i dont know how women do it! My brother/sister in laws all have army husbands (well three of them), and two of the guys are away in Iraq. I just cant believe it! You are so strong Jess. I'm so proud of you! Love you lots!
Post a Comment