Now that the rainy season has begun, I'm glad Clay and I took advantage of the fun things to do outside in Tacoma. We went to the zoo which was fun, although they didn't have that many cool animals like giraffes, etc. We did see a bunch of ocean animals - sea otters, walruses, sharks, and eels. We got up close to a polar bear swimming and man, are those things huge! Anyway, it was just a fun, relaxing afternoon at the zoo :)



Another Saturday Clay decided he wanted to build a work bench for his tools and such. He got to take some junk wood home from work and so we went to Home Depot to get the rest of the stuff. Well, I've been in a crafty mood lately wanting to build those decorative blocks so we got me a power sander! Yeah, my first "tool"! Ha Ha We spent the whole afternoon and evening building that work bench and can I say that I think it rocks?! I love that my husband is great with construction, a handy man, and can build a lot of things! It was a fun day working with power tools again seeing how I hadn't done much since 8th grade Shop class ;)

We also got the chance to go to the Glass Museum on Free Museum day! (I wouldn't have gone there without it being free:). It was cool watching them blow the glass and constantly keep it heated. It sure does take a long time to create just a part of a piece so kudos to the artists :) There's this bridge that takes you over the freeway and the walls are surrounded with glass pieces and some of them are just out of this world, like how did they ever manage to shape that thing! After the museum, we went and ate at BJ's Brewery. I don't know where the closest one in Idaho is or if there is one, but can I just say that it is now one of my favorite restaurants! YUM!



Anywho, well I will have other posts about our time in Tacoma so far so that I don't have a million pictures here on this one post. Until next time...



Another Saturday Clay decided he wanted to build a work bench for his tools and such. He got to take some junk wood home from work and so we went to Home Depot to get the rest of the stuff. Well, I've been in a crafty mood lately wanting to build those decorative blocks so we got me a power sander! Yeah, my first "tool"! Ha Ha We spent the whole afternoon and evening building that work bench and can I say that I think it rocks?! I love that my husband is great with construction, a handy man, and can build a lot of things! It was a fun day working with power tools again seeing how I hadn't done much since 8th grade Shop class ;)
We also got the chance to go to the Glass Museum on Free Museum day! (I wouldn't have gone there without it being free:). It was cool watching them blow the glass and constantly keep it heated. It sure does take a long time to create just a part of a piece so kudos to the artists :) There's this bridge that takes you over the freeway and the walls are surrounded with glass pieces and some of them are just out of this world, like how did they ever manage to shape that thing! After the museum, we went and ate at BJ's Brewery. I don't know where the closest one in Idaho is or if there is one, but can I just say that it is now one of my favorite restaurants! YUM!
Anywho, well I will have other posts about our time in Tacoma so far so that I don't have a million pictures here on this one post. Until next time...

No comments:
Post a Comment