Friday, February 8, 2013

Christmas 2012

I failed miserably taking pictures of Christmas. However, I did video a lot of it, but I figured that since I will be printing my blog in a book, there's no sense in putting a bunch of videos on here because they won't show up. So, somehow I'm trying to take still shots of the videos and turn them into pictures? I just haven't found the time to do that. But in the meantime, I need to catch up on my blog!

It was just the three of us for Christmas. I really don't think Kort got the whole fun of it, other than opening up presents, which he did pretty darn well at ripping the paper off. Santa brought him a sport set that came with a basketball hoop, tee ball set, and golfing equipment. I have to admit that we kind of split up presents this year between Christmas and his birthday ONLY because he had no idea what each were about. I don't think we'll be able to get away with it next year :) He got a lot of fun presents from grandparents and a Mickey Mouse blanket and Mr. Potato Head from his cousin Leland. 


Clay always says he never knows what to get me, but in the end, it's always the perfect thing. He got me a huge mirror with a thick frame that I've wanted for a while! Also, he got me, or should I say I got myself, a new diaper bag - Petunia Pickle Bottom had a sale around Thanksgiving so I hurried and got one :) He had been eyeing a new Mountain Hardwear softshell jacket so I surprised him with that. Oh, and he surprised me with a gift to himself - a new gun. Let's just say that was also his birthday present. We didn't do a whole lot since really our couches and vacuum were our presents. 

As for the present Clay got from Caeli . . . there were strict instructions. We had to make sure we were home this one Saturday to receive a package otherwise they couldn't drop it off. Then we had to call her and Tyler and they would talk Clay through the steps. He opened the package carefully and inside were a bunch of ice packs. Finally, on the bottom, was a LIVE LOBSTER!!! Straight from Maine, just close to where Tyler and Caeli live (ok, so Boston). I think Clay has the pictures on his phone because I know we took some, but it was hilarious to be skyping with them while "playing" with the lobster. But because it had been alive out of the water for a bit, we had a couple hours to hurry and cook it, which we did! Pretty cool present I must say.


We had some friends and the missionaries over for Christmas dinner. It felt really good having people over, even though it was nice with our little family. Kort loved Christmas. Maybe it's my fault that he never really got the concept this year though because we haven't even had him sit on Santa's lap yet. That will change this next one, I'm sure. We were extremely blessed to have a great Christmas!

No comments: