bath
shower
paper
yay (while clapping!)
stool/chair
apple/pineapple
milk (mih)
water (wa wa)
bed
house
hello/hola
baby
The list goes on with random words. It's fun to hear him learn new words.
He started climbing over his gate/bed to get out and open the door so we tried leaving the gate open. He'd still open his bedroom door and not go to sleep. Luckily, we had bought those door knob lock thingys and Clay got smart and put one on the door inside his room so he couldn't get out and had no where to go but back to bed :) We decided it was finally time to turn the crib into a toddler bed. Kort did awesome from night one! We'd do our nightly routine and lie him down and leave the room. A few times he'd get out and try to open the door, but minutes later he'd be asleep. Some nights I find him pretty much "praying" at his bedside, or on the pillows on the ground. Most of the time though, he's been staying in his bed and still sleeping through the night. SO happy for this mama! We'll keep the baby in our room in a pack and play for a few months while we get him on a sleeping schedule, then put Kort in a bigger toddler bed and the baby will get the crib.
One fun thing Kort has caught onto quickly is letting me know what songs he wants me to sing to him throughout the day. He loves "popcorn popping" and does the hand motion with the popping. He calls it "copkey copkey"! So funny. He also does the little motion of the eensie weensie spider but just moves his thumb/index fingers together. He knows where pretty much all his body parts are and just learned his elbow and heart. I've been trying to teach him "head, shoulders, knees, and toes" which he sometimes does a part of it and also does a part of "patty cake" song motions.
We've also been getting out more to playgroups, the library, etc. so he's learning to do more things and getting better motor skills. He's building with his legos and putting puzzle pieces together. He doesn't quite have jumping down, but he loves moving like he's dancing and he'll copy Clay when he does his Insanity workouts and Kort will run in place!
I know there's a ton more that I'm forgetting, but I know if I don't record this now, it'll be months before I get to it since the babe is almost here! For Kort's 2 year check up, he's pretty much still a bean pole. Tall and skinny. I forget the measurements, but his height and weight were both around the 50%. He's eating pretty good mostly, so it's not like we're starving him! He's a tough little dude, though! I'm just glad he's developing and progressing pretty well before this baby comes so he can be a good helper for mom :)



No comments:
Post a Comment