Six years!! It still seems like such a short time that we've been married, yet I feel like I've known Clay forever and have always been with him :)
This last year together has been full of emotions. It was the beginning of Clay's new job which has created the opportunity for being home more often and not working long hours leaving me less stressed and more happy ;) Clay got to deal with my crazy pregnancy hormones even after Griffin was born. We finally made it back to the temple after it being not a whole lot possible while I was pregnant. We made it happen with having to take the boys with us, not having a babysitter, and did initiatories while taking turns watching the kids.
With being married towards the end of the year, this is sounding like a year in review ;), but it was a great one!
Clay surprised me with these BEAUTIFUL flowers! He knows I think flowers are lovely, but I'd rather not have them because I hate that they just die and feels like a waste of money. Am I pathetic for thinking that?! Haha Regardless, I still love that he surprises me with them :) I surprised him with this framed "love story"!
He also made a fabulous dinner of chicken alfredo and had a relaxing night after the boys went to bed.
We actually went out and celebrated the weekend before. Our friends invited us to the play, Dracula, at the local theater. They got a babysitter and we brought our kids to their house, and go figure, our boys were the only kids still up at ten when we got back. About the play...um, we didn't really know the whole story and so it ended up being pretty crazy/gory(realistic fake blood) and just weird!! It was nice just to get out on a date, finally!!!
I'm so blessed to have Clay as my best friend and to have been sealed with him in the temple for eternity!! He gets me. He knows when I need space, comforting, love, attention, help, relief. He understands the language of women simply because of me ;) He is incredibly patient with me, an amazing father to our beautiful boys, so much fun to be around, makes me laugh and really I could go on forever. I look forward to our never ending story!




1 comment:
Congrats to you two! Glad to hear you are ok. Hopefully the passing out was just a one time thing. I used to pass out all the time when my mom would braid my hair and I'd lock my knees. And once in high school choir I fell of the risers for the same reason. It's a scary feeling!
Post a Comment