Monday, January 6, 2014

Halloween

For some reason, I had the urge to go all out for Halloween decorations. I found so many fun things on pinterest and actually completed most of them!


We most definitely had to watch "Ernest Scared Stupid" for Halloween night :) My friend and I got together to make a fall wreath, but somehow mine turned into a Halloween one. I saw this tutorial on making paper bats and taping them to look like they flew out of your fireplace :) Loved this one!


I decided to do better at making our meals consist of Halloween ideas, so we got Papa Murphy's pumpkin pizza, I did mummy hot dogs for lunch, and attempted making jell-o worms (didn't quite work out, but it was still yummy)!


For our ward Halloween party, I really wanted to stay on our costume theme - cops and robbers - so I made money bags to hand out. I believe Clay and I put together around 130 bags, thinking that would be enough. There was probably 4-6 pieces of candy/mini candy bars in them, so it was one heck of a deal for the kid in the first place :) We created our van to be a prison where Clay handed the bags out of the meal slot. Those puppies were gone in maybe ten minutes. There were a ton of people that came, obviously more than we thought would/planned. 

I also really wanted to do a good pumpkin carving this year (we got our huge pumpkins for cheap at Aldi!) so I found this OKC Thunder pattern. I thought it turned out pretty decent - at least you know what it says!

Who can resist such an adorable money bag?!?!?!?! I found this idea on pinterest, once again, and had fun putting it together! Griffin got so many compliments!


We took Kort around the gym to do some of the carnival games that the youth put together for our ward party. He started catching on and was able to do some games by himself. Then we headed out to the parking lot for trunk-or-treating. Just look at my cute cop and robber :)

Halloween night we wanted to try out some real street trick-or-treating and wanted to take Kort to his nursery leader's house, Sis. Mortenson. She is one of the most sweetest and kindest ladies I know, so it was fun to go there where Kort knew someone. Then we headed to our friend's neighborhood and did pretty well, even got a house that gave out full size candy bars! ha ha

Really, Halloween is probably one of the most pointless holidays, but it's so much fun decorating for and partying. I really wanted to put a party together, but things just got in the way, and people were busy with school carnivals the only night we could do it. Some other year :)




No comments: