Yes, I realize Thanksgiving was what feels like months ago! I'm super behind on blogging. However, Thanksgiving was laid back and not much went on. Our good friends, the Leach family, invited us over, even with their family, to have dinner with them. I'll admit, it was so nice not having to cook a turkey and everything else. We used the morning to put a few things together, and relaxed until it was time to go.
The food was delicious! Company was great. Kort LOVES going over to their house, or as he puts it, "Duke's house". They have a giant dog that he gets giddy over. And the girls just adored Griffin and gave Clay and me a break from holding him. After dinner, well, mostly a late lunch, they were planning on doing some black friday shopping at Wal-mart.
Clay and I didn't really have anything on our lists to go deal with the rush of shoppers so we just went home. For some reason, I really just wanted to go and check things out. Clay tried finding a babysitter, but obviously it was Thanksgiving day and everyone was with their families. I got to Wal-Mart and was in and out within maybe 15 minutes. I will never do that again. This wasn't a "there's no one here!" fast shopping trip. I could barely get through the aisles and even out of the store. I was looking at blu-ray players or x-box 360 kinects so I then went to Kmart. Wasn't as bad, but they didn't have those. I now realize why we haven't done this sort of Black Friday shopping. I'll go when the rush is over or if I absolutely know I can find what I need and it's the cheapest there. But I am definitely more of an online Cyber Monday shopper :)
I think with going overboard with the Halloween decorations, it put a damper on my fall decorations. Fall is usually my favorite time for decorations and Thanksgiving just kind of came and went. But I've been trying to always have an "Attitude of Gratitude" throughout the year, and not just at the end when it's so close to Christmas as well. We are truly blessed. There are many things we can easily take for granted and we don't realize it until we lose it. I hope that I can always be thankful for all the little and precious things
life has to offer.
4 years ago

No comments:
Post a Comment