I have been so bad on keeping up with this pregnancy. I guess the first time around, obviously you know nothing so you want to document everything. I've only taken pretty much a handful amount of pictures of my belly and that's about it with keeping updated. I suppose it really does make a pregnancy go by quicker when you have a toddler to take care of as well. Clay and I were talking the other day and realized how quickly it has gone by. It seems like we were just vacationing on Catalina Island, which was in June, and that was when I starting figuring out I was prego because I didn't start my period that week. Absolutely no complaints there :). Now it's already the end of February practically, and I've got less than 4 weeks left!
So without further adieu, here's the couple pictures I've taken once I hit single digit weeks.
This was me at 31 weeks. Some worker at walmart thought I was ready to pop any day then. I sure felt like it.
This was 35 weeks. Kind of hard to really see how big I am since I'm wearing all black. I suppose I wanted to hide whatever I could :)
I will probably not be taking any more pictures until the hospital. ha ha
This really hasn't been a bad pregnancy. I've been blessed, again. Does that mean this guy is going to be a handful just like Kort is?! My only real complaint is sleeping at night. So uncomfortable! I've gone from sleeping on an air mattress, to our couches, to our bed, to adding an extra foam padding on the bed and it's just so hard to constantly flip over trying to stay comfortable. Suppose I shouldn't complain if that's the main thing.
It's getting down to crunch time. I'm really not all that nervous, at least not yet, I guess. I've been blessed with making some great friends here in Enid already and a couple of them are throwing a diaper baby shower for me since we've pretty much got everything since it's another boy. However, I am a little worried about clothes fitting because Kort and him will be 3 months difference and it's probably hotter here longer during the year than it was in Tacoma. Guess we'll just play it by ear. Really the only big thing left to get is a pack and play/bassinet. We'll be keeping the babe in our room for a little bit until we get him on a good sleeping schedule and I won't have to always be running into Kort's room (that they'll share) to nurse and change him throughout the night. Also, we'll play that by ear because I really don't want Clay to be waking him up with his showers and getting ready in the morning, BUT I'm not as paranoid about that as much as I was with Kort. Obviously I'm a lot more relaxed this time around, thank goodness, because I know more of what to expect as far as raising a newborn. As for that and dealing with a toddler as well, wish me luck! Here's to counting down the next 3 1/2 weeks! Boo Yah!



2 comments:
How exciting!!! The not sleeping well at night is just breaking you in for that newborn... Gavin slept for 4 hours last night (a first for him) and then it was back to his up every 2 to eat. Good luck with the toddler thing too, still trying to figure that out myself. Can't wait to hear the stories and see pictures! Good luck!!!
Good luck! You look awesome!
Post a Comment